I've seen a lot of "What do guys like" questions, but I haven't seen one for the ladies to answer.
So. What do you like? Personality-wise and physically. Describe your ideal man.
Guys, what do you think they like?
Most Helpful Girl
what I want from a guy: to be understood, to be appreciated, to be respected, to be loved
physically: honestly, girls are attracted to so many things. I've liked guys with heights ranging from 5'7"-6'2"...I've liked skinny guys, muscular guys, average guys, etc...i've liked guys with buzz cuts & guys with fluffy curly long hair...i've liked guys with various eye & hair colors. a guy doesn't have to be super attractive for a girl to like them
- someone who is generally an optimist because I like to see the good in situations. its okay to be realistic about something but if I'm trying to comfort you & point out the good things or trying to be hopeful, don't continuosly shoot me down.
- confidence. not "i think I'm god's gift to women" but if I compliment you (say you're cute or that you're a good singer or something) don't be insecure & think I'm lying to you. modesty is great but there's a difference between "thank you" & "omg, I'm not. why would you say that?" in addition, have the confidence to speak up & tell me how you feel. whether its about your feelings for me, an opinion on what we should, calling me out when I've done something wrong, etc. I want honesty from a guy (with an appropriate amount of sensitivity when delivering that honesty) & a guy who is comfortable being open with me.
- I don't want it to be a chore when I talk to them. conversation should flow with both people contributing & having a good time. a few awkward pauses are fine but I hate it when there's absolutely nothing of interest to talk about or when I'm doing all the work. so a guy can be generally shy or outgoing as long as he's comfortable talking to me.
- ambition/passion. no, you don't have to be the smartest guy or richest guy or have an impressive career. just have goals in your life (big or small) and work towards them. have an interest in something (music, playing a sport, photography, etc) & take pride in your passion for it, your dedication, etc. nothing is more discouraging than a guy that doesn't have a single thing in his life that lights a spark in his heart.
- I prefer a night at home watching movies over a night out partying/clubbing. I like going to museums or walking in parks or exploring what's downtown. I do have an outgoing/adventurous streak so if you want to go to an amusement park, or to go horseback riding, or to a sports game, or something like that I'd enjoy it. but I prefer intimate social gatherings with people I care about instead of parties.
- its important that we share values, priorities, etc. education/school is important to me. family is important to me. I'm fairly conservative & republican. I'm a Christian. I'm not a vegetarian & its okay if you are, I just don't want you to make me feel guilty for eating meat. I rarely cuss & I'd prefer someone who doesn't swear like 3 times in every sentence he ever speaks.
- also, trustworthy, honest, humble, respectful, polite, etc...all around good person2
- Show AllShow Less