What do women like in a man?

I've seen a lot of "What do guys like" questions, but I haven't seen one for the ladies to answer.

So. What do you like? Personality-wise and physically. Describe your ideal man.

Guys, what do you think they like?

Most Helpful Girl

• what I want from a guy: to be understood, to be appreciated, to be respected, to be loved

physically: honestly, girls are attracted to so many things. I've liked guys with heights ranging from 5'7"-6'2"...I've liked skinny guys, muscular guys, average guys, etc...i've liked guys with buzz cuts & guys with fluffy curly long hair...i've liked guys with various eye & hair colors. a guy doesn't have to be super attractive for a girl to like them

personality:

- someone who is generally an optimist because I like to see the good in situations. its okay to be realistic about something but if I'm trying to comfort you & point out the good things or trying to be hopeful, don't continuosly shoot me down.

- confidence. not "i think I'm god's gift to women" but if I compliment you (say you're cute or that you're a good singer or something) don't be insecure & think I'm lying to you. modesty is great but there's a difference between "thank you" & "omg, I'm not. why would you say that?" in addition, have the confidence to speak up & tell me how you feel. whether its about your feelings for me, an opinion on what we should, calling me out when I've done something wrong, etc. I want honesty from a guy (with an appropriate amount of sensitivity when delivering that honesty) & a guy who is comfortable being open with me.

- I don't want it to be a chore when I talk to them. conversation should flow with both people contributing & having a good time. a few awkward pauses are fine but I hate it when there's absolutely nothing of interest to talk about or when I'm doing all the work. so a guy can be generally shy or outgoing as long as he's comfortable talking to me.

- ambition/passion. no, you don't have to be the smartest guy or richest guy or have an impressive career. just have goals in your life (big or small) and work towards them. have an interest in something (music, playing a sport, photography, etc) & take pride in your passion for it, your dedication, etc. nothing is more discouraging than a guy that doesn't have a single thing in his life that lights a spark in his heart.

- I prefer a night at home watching movies over a night out partying/clubbing. I like going to museums or walking in parks or exploring what's downtown. I do have an outgoing/adventurous streak so if you want to go to an amusement park, or to go horseback riding, or to a sports game, or something like that I'd enjoy it. but I prefer intimate social gatherings with people I care about instead of parties.

- its important that we share values, priorities, etc. education/school is important to me. family is important to me. I'm fairly conservative & republican. I'm a Christian. I'm not a vegetarian & its okay if you are, I just don't want you to make me feel guilty for eating meat. I rarely cuss & I'd prefer someone who doesn't swear like 3 times in every sentence he ever speaks.

- also, trustworthy, honest, humble, respectful, polite, etc...all around good person

• on what we should do*

• ideally, yes.

• Catholic, A person is not an idea, and you shouldn't judge them together.

What Girls Said 11

• Personality - kind and caring, makes time to speak to me, buys me little gifts (I don't mean expensive flowers, I mean anything, even if it's a chocolate bar, something to prove he's thinking of me), makes time to see me, faithful, funny, considerate, a bit of ambition and drive behind him, beautiful brown eyes are my favourite, speaks well. Basically a best friend who gives me the love and thoughtfulness I want.

Physically - I prefer slender men, I'm not a big fan of muscles. Tall (taller than me), dark hair, bit of fashion sense/pride in what he wears, I prefer a more defined face and jawline to a baby face. That's everything I can think of.

• I'm picky. I hate the term dating. Most don't stimulate me.

I dislike Ignorant people, meat heads and donkeys.

I like ... Looks: TALL, HOT Hair, Pretty Eyes, Toned Body, Tattoos are sexy if they are not gang related. Edgy but with Style...He's rough and tough during the day... Spontaneous! Confidence with a small taste of cockiness. High Maintenance is considered to be good if you know how to carry it. Realizing that taking care of yourself and your body are important.. Stand out of the crowd.. be real.. be compassionate.. be open-minded.. be someone unique and different... "INTRIGUING"!

INTELLIGENCE: SPEAK if you know what you're talking about..if not, don't bother. Have Goals.. DO whatever you feel that you can be the best in. A GUY THAT IS REAL, HAS GOOD TASTE IN MUSIC, AND CAN SCREAM IN MY EAR. IS THAT A LOT TO ASK? :}

Not interested in anyone that thinks he can have me by flashing money on my face and telling me he wants to take me to Paris... please just go away.

I would rather be alone. I don't need you if you don't exceed my expectations.

• Funny! Anyone who can make me laugh is attractive. They don't have to be naturally funny, but if they don't take themself too seriously, it's attractive.

Be nice, but not a pushover.

Polite to everyone. If he's nice to me, but not the people around him, I'll dump him.

• Someone who makes her feel wanted like she has no competition for his love. That can be the best quality I could ask for. Outside of the usual things every body wants in a partner.

• Physical/Shallow factors: tall, deep voice, broad shoulders, toned physique, good looking face

Personality: funny (shares same humor), caring, considerate, compassionate, has a unique perspective of the world

• dynamic, little shy, fun, and genuine

handsome face, bright eyes, nice body, :)

this is so true though: link

• Honestly, I don't think I have an ideal guy. The only ideal is that he would treat me right.

• Some good qualities are humor, intelligence, and in good shape

• His smile and eyes are important. He must make enough eye contact but not too much, so its intimate but not too intense or creepy. I love it when he has an almost nervous smile, knowing that I have that effect over him is adorable.

He must have the same sense of humor as me and be able to make me laugh. I love a guy that I can chat to for hours about nothing in particular. Conversation must come naturally, not awkward or forced. He must have a good relationship with his family. And he must be a better person than me, so feel like he is good ofr me, brings out my good points.

Looks: asian, chinese, korean, japanese are great. I'm not against guys of non-asian ethnicities, but I'm never attracted to them anymore.

He must be taller than me and generally bigger, stronger than me. I want to feel like the girl in the relationship

• physically: not very picky- I like tall guys (5'10-6'2), not skinnier than me

personality: funny, outgoing, kind, takes good care of me. I want my ideal guy to be my best friend- just someone I can have fun with and be myself around.

• I'm attracted to him, we have similar levels of intelligence and can have conversations, and we can laugh together and have fun. Also, he isn't rude and condescending and can socialize with others pleasantly.

What Guys Said 9

• Gonna save you some time.

1 - Muscular Body, usually not body builder big but, I would say Brad Pitt from fight club kind of physique. Some can range higher.

2 - Strong but sensitive personality. You exhibit confidence but you are not a carpet to be walked all over. Your generosity is clearly a choice, not an after effect of your weakness.

3 - Intelligent and self aware, you are your own person and do not let a woman define you.

• Oh, sorry I forgot to say face, that's a huge thing. Unfortunately this varies the most from girl to girl. Some girls just plain ol' like ugly dudes. Some actually have good taste. Hard to pinpoint this one in general.

• Looks, confidence, money.

• Women like guys they can emotionally connect with. This happens with stories, humor, and general intimacy

• Ryan Gosling -_-

• Gosling is a plague upon us normal men.

• Hop off my answer bitch.

• "Hop off my answer bitch." - Nice +1

• From my observation they like guys who are tall, wealthy, of high social status and charismatic.

• they want money. any girl that says its bullsh*t is lying. no one is gonna date a broke guy who can't even take her anywhere

• too much

• DD's and a phat A$$

• Ok bud. Here's one thing you need to rememember. 100% of girls will say they want a nice guy. But I'd say about 70% just will go for the assh*** they all will say they like nice guys but they really don't... well 30% of them do lol.