What make you feel nervous about dating someone?

honestly which things would you see as a hindrance to dating any person?

Most Helpful Girl

• their expectations. I have high expectations of myself,on of me. have low expectations of others. I know they are not me, so I do not expect my expectations of myself have anything to do with other peoples expectations of me. I assume they have little expectations of me.

They end up with all these -imo- crazy expectations, & an extreme unwillingness, to be upfront. But reserve the right to get angry, when things don't go their way.

If everyone was direct it would be simple, but generally they are not.

In addition, they don't ask when they want to know something, they assume. I spend ten times as long correcting a misconception, then it would take to simply answer a freaking question.

So I don't date. I would rather just get to know someone over long enough time, that way, you just gradually, learn stuff instead of interrogating them,

That , or just touch & not talk. at all.

What Girls Said 8

• Things for me would be me actually liking the guy and wanting to see him more, but him not feel the same way or we actually do start something and he turns out to be the complete opposite of how he was on the date =/

• I'm too scared that he will break my heart... that's why I don't wanna be in a relationship... I'm afraid of falling in love and then getting hurt

• breaking up and being alone and depressed. I want things to work, I don't want to spend years searching for someone.

i always feel nervous, in the back of my mind, about saying something that might piss someone off. date or otherwise so that too

• He might break my heart :/

• 1) Afraid of saying stupid stuff

2) Afraid of not be what he's looking for

• You know, wondering if they will like you or not. And if they are honest.

• i have high expectations of myself & naturally it carries over to having high expectations of others (in the sense that they'll be honest with me, respect me, be in it for the right reasons, etc) but people disappoint me all the time & I get hurt because I trust too easily & care too much. I try my best not to lose faith but with someone new its always a struggle to want to run & hide from all the past experiences I've had or to be open & hopeful yet another time...

• I'm self conscious with myself though I try not to show it when I'm dating someone. However, it always crosses my mind, "does he really like me, or was it perhaps lack of options?"

What makes you nervous? :p

What Guys Said 4

• - if I don't like them, how would I let them know I'm not interested without hurting their feelings.

- are they really the age they said they were or if I forgot to ask how old they are, if they are under 18 it's illegal.

- they might be crazy and or have a personality that really clashes against mine.

- the traditional if I really like them I would be nervous about making a good first impression and hoping they like me too.

- how they handle their money, when I have a good income I enjoy saving up money and would hate to date someone who had to live cheque by cheque. (I understand that's how most people live though)

- are sexually active or not and if they are what are they into doing.

*Take a deep breath and go on a date to find out what they are like*

• from all the answers below I'd say you are all your own biggest hindrances. go a date and understand that he/she is not the last cocacola in the desert. be yourself but be pleasant and enjoy each others' company. if it works y'all will know it.

• if she has an std and just using me for sex and hiding it

• Being stuck inside your head. Thinking "what does she think of me?" and "will she like me?", "should I say this or should I not say it?" ... Thinking that stuff on a date will make you nervous as hell so just stay out of your head and be present to the moment.

P.S. I'm speaking from personal experience