Why do people even bother with short texts?

for example ill get a text, "hey". ill text back,"hey, what's up". them,"nm, u". what's the point of these texts? they just piss me off, and I don't even bother texting back. what's the point of texting if you have nothing to say?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree honestly. I prefer spontaneous, happy people :D Not boring one-word-texts people. If you're texting me, put some effort in it...

What Girls Said 5

• People get bored but don't know how to actually make conversation... like you said, it's better just not even bother texting back.

• They would irritate me too. It tells me that they are either 1) boring or 2) not that interested in me or both. Who needs that?

• Its to check up on you. You rather have me as a contact on your phone and never even get any messages from me at all?

Then fine. Delete my number.

Those short messages can turn into interesting conversations if someone says something funny or interesting.

But usually it is to check up on your contacts. I do it from time to time.

• it is extremely annoying that's why I don't text stupid people lol

• you know what?

That's a good question.

I have wondered that too.

What Guys Said 1

• Why text in the first place unless you have something important to say?

• exactly, id rather have the person say something, ANYTHING really. like if you were watching TV or a movie, something I would actually respond to. people who don't make an attempt at an convo don't derserve my reply.

• I feel the EXACT same way. Now people know NOT to call or text unless it's for a reason. Except for new girls, they don't know the protocol yet and I don't tell them because it sounds a little "anti-social."