Should I be weary of this situation or his friend's intentions?

I broke up with my boyfriend May 1st. Though I've tried talking to him, he cut me out of his life. His best friend did too. IT's been almost 3 months since the break up, I've tried texting my boyfriend and telling him I miss him, but he ended up blocking me on Facebook. Then his friend all of a sudden wanted to be friends with me again, and I said 'why the change of heart?' and he said he just didn't want to get in between me an my ex during our breakup drama, and he never had a problem with me. And I said OK cool, but have kept my distance since then because he has a girlfriend who's also friends with my ex and I'm not gonna spill what happened with my ex either. A few weeks later, he invited me to go to this party with all of my ex's friends including that guy's girlfriend, who unfriended me on Facebook, presumably my ex will be invited, he's his good friend.

should I be weary of this situation or his friend's intentions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Planting myself in the "best friend's" shoes, it's likely that I'd be cool with who you are (and no offense intended, but that I would not be fond of any drama). Therein meaning that I would try to distance myself when you were going through a rough time, but when the water is calm I would start inviting you out more.

Keep in mind that I mean no insult to you, it's just the way I was raised (No one gave a sh*t about my problems, so I try to keep my distance from anyone else who is having a hard time; as if that's one of the golden rules within society).

I really don't think this guy has romantic interest for you, or is trying to line you up for some type of scam where him and his buddy are planning to ruin your night. It's good to be suspicious, but if you trust your gut (and it's saying not to go) maybe you should say thank you and suggest an alternative, mentioning how you won't be in attendance.

~ ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 3

• I'm sure your friend means well, but I don't know if you can handle being at the same party with yur ex and with the friend's girlfriend, who does't want contact with you, apparently.

Think it over. It doesn't sound to me like this party will be any fun for you!

• Guys talk about these things. If he invited you I'm sure your ex knows. No true friend would put his friend in a such an awkward situation if his friend wasn't in on it. I personally think this is a guys way of sparking things back up without having to put himself in a position thatll make him look bad if you turn him down.

• i think its only party invitation, but should you go? depends on the reason you 2 broke up, if he's really mad at you you shouldn't go and ruin the night for both of ya or you could just ask the friend if your ex is going

What Girls Said 2

• sounds like the best friend is trying to f*** you. guys really are after one thing & I don't think its coincidence his girlfriend unfriended u. if your ex shows up, then the whole thing might be set up for him. just remember that party is your entering potential ex territory.

BUT you should go, look good and if you don't like it, just leave, have a back up plan for the night. be sure to bring your best friend that knows the backstory so you can talk about it and she knows what to look for.

• i think you don't want to get involved into a situation where its still a touchy subject.

dont go.