Guys, why would you kiss a girl on the neck?

I went out with a guy, but we took time out for a few months due to him being stressed with other things going on and decided to be close friends. We met each other 2 months later but only hung out for an hour or so, and he hugged me and kissed me on the neck briefly when we said hello, and when he left he just hugged me, but I kissed him on the neck quickly so he did the same back. He told me a week before we met that he's hesitant about going back into a relationship in case he gets stressed again and isn't sure if he's ready yet... I assume that if he kissed me on the neck it's more than a friendship he wants? We still have fun and flirt a wee bit about intimate stuff, etc, not in a crude way or anything, and we laugh a lot too.

Interested in guy's opinions please, but if girls have had this then please answer too!

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess he likes you more than the norm plus he likes to take it slow. Kissing someone on the neck is more romantic than on lips or cheeks. Also, give him time since he is not ready for the next level yet. You can't rush a man to hurry up to feel something more than he can give, you're only scare him off or come on as intimidator and men don't like that. Sometimes its nice to give them the "push" they need but don't overdo otherwise you would come on as too strong or desperate. In the meanwhile enjoy the ride and I hope it takes you both somewhere special.

What Guys Said 2

• well the original question seems different once I read the main body of text. in that context I guess he likes you at least in some respect although no one will truly know exactly how he feels just from that action. answering the question directly "do I like to kiss girls on the neck"? I find that stuff more enjoyable than geting a blowjob. it drives me f***ing wild, especially if she has great skin

• Never kissed a girl on the neck while saying hello like that before :S. If he kissed you on the neck he is definitely interested :)

What Girls Said 1

• I would also like to know this. I've experienced the same from a guy friend when he was saying goodbye.