Break up after 3 years?

We recently broke up after 3 years, I broke up with him but it was out of anger, emotions got the best of me. I called 2 days later and he said he was done. Its been 3 weeks since we broke up and I found out he is "seeing someone else." A rebound girl from school. He says he never cheated on me and I believe him. And I read his email so I know that she started the conversation between them and they have only been seeing each other for 2 weeks. We have been through a lot of ups and downs with just life happening. And he was always there for me when I needed him, and I want to be here for him now. We work together also at a hospital. He was talking about getting married and us moving in together and now 2 months later he is dating someone. Please let me know if this rebound girl is really what he wants or is this just a game and his way of coping? And how should I act at work? I have acted calm, and just relaxed whenever he called or saw him at work, and it wants to keep talking to me but I just say I have to go and walk away. He then called me 10 minutes later. So I'm really confused and getting mixed signals. And about a week ago, he sent me a text that said. "I'm so sorry, I'm so miserable and I didn't want any of this." What does "any of this" mean? And please let me know what to do. I truly believe we were meant for each other and want to be there for him like he was for me. Any advice PLEASE?!

I have stopped all communication unless absolutely necessary and when 4-5 days go by he will send me a text about ...taxes or something. I don't respond and then he will text 3 hours later.."Did you get my message?" and I respond "yes" but he knows I got

What Guys Said 1

• It does really sound like you guys are in love, and any loving couple has there arguments once and a while. Take if from a guy, if being with this other chick is what it takes for him to realize that your the one he really loves, then so be it. Give him some room and let him figure things out for himself. If he doesn't come back, it's his loss. By minimizing communication your telling him you're not going to play his little game. If he wants to talk to you it's going to be in a loving relationship. You're not going to be his "shoulder to lean on" on the side. Stand your ground. Give him an option...either get back together, or stop talking period (I do realize that you guys work together and it will be hard not to see each other, but it's just so he gets the idea). Hope this helps.

What Girls Said 1

• girl sometimes I feel like I am going thru the same thing with my ex. It sounds like he really still cares about you but is hurt also. I am really starting to think that guys really do get their feelings hurt and they act out like talking to another girl...i have also cut off communication with my ex but we have a two year old so the only commun we have had for the last 4 days is he just text me and asked how our daughter was and I said fine and that was it...i think that if we just continue not to show our feelings ina way that we are constantly asking what do you want do you miss me do you still love me then if they really want it they will start asking us...just hang in there...