What do I do about my ex?

Just broke up with my boyfriend in April, and he still wanted to be friends. But we never talk and he said that I should text him more often! He has a new girlfriend (one of my really good friends) and I'm super happy for them. But I miss talking to him, and she doesn't want me talking to him as often as I want; which is fine, because I know exactly what she means when she says she doesn't want another girl stealing him away. I just want to talk to him more often, but I don't want her to get mad at me because she is one of my bestest friends. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Now that seems usual for your friend to act like that. What happen to "maidens before knights" code towards women. She is suppose to understand that you and him were friends before, in a relationship after and back to friends again. If she cannot trust you and him being friends then she is not your friend. You need to slow your friendship with her and tell her your not a child who would steal another woman's boyfriend. After all you are not a snake. She is suppose to know your a trusting friend. Take no damage from her. She has dishonored your image by telling you that she does not "want another girl stealing him away" and your not just "another girl, " your her god damn friend, pardon my language.

This relates to my story. I had a "friend" who I helped get with a girl he likes and the dude totally ignored me as a friend and did not trust me to meet his new girlfriend or hang with her after I got them together. I am good with women and I would never steal my friends girl - goes to show he is not my friend but just a mutual guy instead of a friend. Good Luck

-Nick Halden

What Guys Said 2

• not talk to him is what you do

this is why you broke up

• no its not why we broke up, that's a completely different topic.

• I get that. However if you could not tolerate each other in a relationship it stands to reason you should be able to give each other some space. Otherwise it feels very back and forth.

• If he broke up with you then he might have been trying to let you go in a way that would be easier on your feelings.It sounds as if he cared for you,but you should try to distance yourself from him and start looking for your mister right.After all it sounds like you were pretty mature about it.

What Girls Said 2

• I understand that girl. What you do is, not talk to him as often as you'd like. I get that you want to but uh, that girl that he's currently with will probably end up feeling very uncomfortable about it and sooner or later will not be "one of your bestest friends" anymore. What's more important to you? Chicks over d***s, remember that.

• Don't talk to him as much your are basiclly damned either ways and that's when you should respect your friends relationship by giving them space and bvacking off.