If you once loved a girl but she hurt you, would you be able to forgive her?

if she stopped talking to you for a few months because she met new guys, wasn't sure what she wanted and was just overall confused.

and now she starts to talk to you again. you 2 always lived too far away from each other to make it work...it's just that you had great conversations and "chemistry".

p.s he said he loves me but I never believed him, because it was long distance. and now he says he's really hurt and that although he wants to talk to me he doesn't know if he will.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is all dependent on the guys morals and if he only says what he truly meant. However if he does forgive you it will take you to gain back his trust since in the past you made him out to be worthless and he doesn't want it to happen again. I can relate greatly since this happened to me but was on the receiving end. But in my case after renewing our friendship so started all over again I goring me.

What Guys Said 7

• Not really. I was there, willing to be with her, and she even cut off contact to meet new guys.

I'm done there.

• Despite the fact that you had good conversations and chemistry, it sounds like you guys weren't really in a relationship, because of the distance. That makes it somewhat different than if you both were really together and this happened.

If I was in a relationship with a woman who spontaneously wanted to go out and meet other guys, then didn't and wanted to come back to me, there's no way I'd stand for that. I'm nobody's second choice or fallback plan...Good-BYE.

• If I moved on then probably not. If I didn't move on, and I thought I could trust you then ye I might risk it...

• He will if you didn't do anything really bad than he'll forgive u

• I wish I can be able to say no to this, but I just can't. I'm too forgiving... especially if it's about someone that I loved.

• I don't know what to say about this, but personally, if a girl hurt me, I'd have some major difficulty dealing with her again. Not so much because I couldn't forgive her, because I know we all make mistakes, but because I wouldn't know if I could TRUST her anymore.

Despite what society tells you, guys have hearts, and we, too, can have our hearts broken. It's one reason why guys tend to be very careful about whom we open up to. We put up a tough shell to protect ourselves, and if you betray the trust we put in you in allowing you in, we are in no hurry to let you back in again. If anything, we're going to build a bigger wall and give any future love interest an even more difficult time of getting in. I may be wrong, but I personally think that's why so many of we guys play our cards close to our chests, so to speak, and try not to allow any deep feelings to show. It's also why women have a hard time getting a guy to open up: because at some point, we've learned that wearing our hearts on our sleeves is dangerous, so we lock them away like Fort Knox.

You MAY get him to let you back into his life again, and even less likely, into his heart, but don't hold your breath on it. Trust, when lost, is extremely difficult to get back, if at all.

• No, but my tolerance level for such things is very low.

What Girls Said 1

• I prob wouldn't talk to her anymore if I were him. She was basically using him as a fall back because those other relationships didn't work out. Nobody likes being second choice or a back up plan. He probably feels used and I don't blame him.

• well I never told him I love him. I asked him if he's OK with just being friends. and he said yes, if he has to...

idk I'm just always so conused, it drives me nuts

• Even tho you never told him you lived him you still expressed interest for him for a period of time thus causing him to develop feelings for you. Then he comes to find out he's not what you wanted so yea, he probably is very disappointed and hurt. It doesn't seem he's real enthusiastic about being friends either because he's hurting right now. Maybe try apologizing and just giving him his space. If he does want to really be friends, he'll come around and contact you.