I don't know what is going on, would you help me?

lol, thanks. So I was with someone for two years. We broke up. Almost two years later, we met and we immediately clicked. I'll try to make this to the point as possible. He broke up with me, not because he stopped caring but because the situation was messy. I wasn't happy in it either. I was still really into him, thought of him often, and in pain. I've gotten used to him not being there and more happy myself. I feel more mature and knowledgeable. At our meeting, he told me he loved me not in a stings attached way but as in you meant/mean a lot to me and I'll always want good for you. That when we were apart, its like we were connected and he thought of me. Now, I did not know this and found he hid it pretty well. I was shocked by how involved he was in wanting to be near me. We cuddled and acted all coupley, kissed a lot even. We've been texting. He kept texting one message after the other, initiating that we do more things together. To which I'm happy about it. I made a comment about remembering him being possessive, but in a good way, because something was brought up relating to it. I don't know if he misunderstood or if things got sour because he kind of stopped texting me. At that moment, I was talking to a friend about him and he advised me against it. And it made me mad. For a long time, I've felt like outside forces have been anti me and him. But, really I had a sh*tty way of dealing with things. The truth is I would like to spend more time with him, we have something scheduled. I miss him. I don't know on what level we'll take this. But, I don't really know how to be with him now. I sent a message simply saying miss you. I'm scared of feeling too clingy or not being returning enough to his feelings. I don't know what's on his mind. Why he texted a lot then stopped. And would really like to speak with him soon in person. Know what his life is like now. I'm nervous, excited, confused, and hope that what I want gets returned, and figure out what he wants. I don't know how to approach this. Like, it'd be weird just going to each others houses. Yeah, so this is the guy from way back then. We got close to each others families. Should I just not have stuff built around it, and be like he's coming to my house, I'm going to his, deal with it. I don't know if he'd want that right away. Our families' probably won't have issues with it, its just odd. Its not an ideal situation. I feel like I might want to be with him in that way again. But, I feel like he's not the same person to me as he used to be. Does it need to be rebuilt? We've clearly taken a toll on each other, good and bad. Where do we go from here?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Hi there. Well it definitely sounds like the first thing you need to do is take a deep breathe lol. You said something very telling about his possessive nature and then his back to back texting and then nothing. I will simply say that both are usual stages for an impulsive, possessive person and I don't mean that in a good way. Second I will say to you that true love is not confusing. You shouldn't have to guess what is on a mans mind when it comes to you and your relationship and definitely has no place if you already have history. If the communication is not more clear the second attempt at this relationship than the first time then you will only end in the same result. . Third, you need to slow down. You are thinking way ahead and in doing so you may end up messing things up if there is something there. I know its tough but take it one day at a time and make decisions accordingly. Hope this helps. Wish you the best.

• This is very sound advice. Thank you.