Do you like it if a girl texts you every day?

I'm curious cos I went out with a guy for a while, and we took some time out due to him going through a rough patch - we used to text every day. Now we're slowly re-building things between us and I don't know whether it's best to text him every day or not. He sometimes texts me too but not as often. If I text, he usually replies pretty quickly and he's never NOT replied. On the flip side, I want him to make an effort too...

Most Helpful Guy

• I only want her to text if she has something to say, and that's almost never the case.

Instead, girls use it as a passive-aggressive way to insert themselves into your routine during the day.

It's not that she wants to text me ... she wants me to text her, and texting me is how she gets me to do that.

It's not that she has something to say ... she wants me to have a conversation with her, she wants for ME to have something to say to her, and texting me is how she gets me to do that.

" If I text, he usually replies pretty quickly and he's never NOT replied. "

QA I bet if he didn't reply quickly, or at all, you would judge him harshly because of it.

"On the flip side, I want him to make an effort too..."

Exactly. This is your way of getting him to do what you want, without you looking like a controlling person.

• I get what you're saying and thanks for your opinion. I wouldn't judge him but I'd probably wonder what was wrong if he didn't reply. He used to text me every morning and every evening until I put a stop to it as it was stressing me out in the end. That was a couple of months ago, and we don't live near each other so most comms are on text or phone, that's why I was asking opinions.

What Guys Said 1

• i know I do, shows she cares about me, is interested

What Girls Said 2

• No matter how much you like each other, texting everyday is a no no. But, that's my opinion. Give him some room, some space to miss you. Keep him wonder; keep him curious and wants to come back for more. No, I'm not talking about playing game. Don't play game; it is a turn off to men and anyone.

• It sounds like you are more into him than he is into you. Men go for the women they want and truly if you have to ask the question, that means his actions are showing different and there is your answer. He doesn't like you ask much. Text him less, it seems like he is trying not to hurt your feelings and texting is his way of letting things slowly fade on its own

• I asked a question I think last week and you haven't even saw it but you pretty much answered my question thank you ! =)

• oh OK. Well that makes a big difference. Well scratch my answer then lol cause it really doesn't apply now

• I still appreciate it though - thanks! :)