Should I register on a dating website

Well I broke up with my ex about half a year ago and I don't know if we're getting back together. But for the meanwhile I know that

I'd like to date and get to know some other girls.

But anytime I've found anyone that I've found interesting I've been able to screw it up or either they weren't interested anyway. In either case I feel that maybe there was too much interest on my part and not enough interest on the other.

So my question is should I register myself on a dating site. I guess that girls that also register on a dating site are also interested in similar things.

I don't know somehow dating sites carry with them some sort of stigma not necessarily in my eyes but in general. Like a person who tries them out must be some sort of looser for being unable to get a date and having to resort to classifieds. But on the other hand I met my longest relationship online. And still I'm kind of apprehensive even asking my best friend about this.

What do you guys think? What's your opinion on dating sites?

Or should I just forget about it and keep on wondering around the world and hoping that I might meat someone and that she will find me as interesting as I'll find her.

Thanks for the input.

What Girls Said 1

• I've paid a good 3k over about 5 years with nothing.

• What do you mean nothing?

No dates or just crappy ones...

What were you looking for on these sites. Guys to date, friendship, etc.?

• No dates and guys to date. Well I take that back I had two on eharmony that told me they would be willing to date me, but I had to agree to a sexual relationship before I even met them. Needless to say they were closed out rather quickly

• Ok I get it.

Nothing like that for me. I'm just looking for girls that are nice and like to hang out. Maybe something evolves out of it maybe it doesn't. No guaranties and no pressure.

That's why I was thinking it would be a good idea to find some people on a dating website. They might at least want to socialize.

What Guys Said 1

• Okcupid or Plenty of Fish?

No. Just no. It's so much easier than striking up conversations and such, but you get what you pay for. Most girls are damaged, won't return messages, etc. And it hurts your self esteem.

So from someone who did it and got a few dates off it, don't, for your sake. If you just want people to text and chat with, go ahead. If you want dates and a girlfriend, no way.

• Thanks for the advice.

The website I was looking at is free of charge and local. I don't know some people said that they had some luck in finding people to date.

That's strange since I'd guess that people who list on these sites would want people contacting them.

It's not the conversation part I have a problem with. It just seems that most of the girls I seem to fall for are screwed up in some way or another. Maybe because they're mostly dancers since I move mostly in these circles.