How to cut a man off?

I have a habit of exploring all my options. When I'm single I keep a few guys around until I figure out which one I like the best and I'm ready to start being intimate with. Since I can only be intimate with one person and I'd rather focus all my attention to just them its hard to get rid of these other guys who didn't "make the cut". I end up keeping them around stuck in the friend zone but they stil have hopes of things going further. I dont, and I just want to know how can I nicely let a guy know I am no longer interested without breaking their heart.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can relate, but pretty much even if I keep a couple of options, I already have foresight of who it is I like the most, and really after this just about all romantic feelings for the others fade away.

I don't like to be lead on and I don't like leading others on, this is always hard.

I'm a coward in this department but I think telling them you're involved with someone else ( if they ask) is the bes.t I think it subconciously let's them know hey, I'm mature enough to tell you, and I think you're mature enough to handle it, kind of a compliment.

What Guys Said 5

• Trying to put myself in the friend cut zone to see what action would make me give you the deep freeze w/o feeling heart broken ... mmmmm.

1. You begin to ignore me/us every time HE speaks or makes a joke

2. Our opinions are always shoveled to HIM to his opinion or edit.

3. You openly plan a trip for two away with him with all the sexual inuendos.

4. You move in with him upon return

5. You begin to be too busy to arrange anything & begin to haunt new places avoiding us

6. You might gather us all together for parties ... bring a date required

• Honesty is usually the best policy--just tell them, straight out, that you're involved with someone else. Almost all guys will back away immediately, and they won't have broken hearts, I'm sure most of them know you have a 'steady.'

• Just be honest and tell them that your the type who enjoys using people until they are of no value anymore to you. What comes around goes around.

• Tell them you chose someone else. That's what I would want to know.

• Just start telling them about the fantastic sex you've been having. Believe me, they'll get the picture.

What Girls Said 2

• well first things first...you need a knife. then you just simply cut him off :)

you leading them on just makes it worst. its one of the worst thing to do to a guy...tell him now or its too late. I tell every guy the truth. your cute but I don't like you that way. just tell them straight out, WHAT IS THE REASON YOU DONT LIKE THEM! every guy knows there's a 50/50 chance. so its not considered breaking his heart if you say no.

• I do the same thing and the guy can usually tell. If I'm nice, but not very flirty or affectionate by date 4 or 5, they see it isn't going anywhere and it just fades away naturally. If that doesn't happen, I just tell them I din't have hat kind of chemistry for them. To me the big thing is honesty and not leading anyone on. Works for me.