Why did he act excited about hanging out and then ignore me?

i'm just really confused by this guy right now... he was really

excited while he was talking to me about hanging out. we agreed on a movie and he said that he was free on a friday, so we set it up. then I texted him friday night and asked what time we

were meeting up and he never got back to me. so I waited two weeks and got nothing from him. then my friend said to call him because something might be up and he might feel bad, blah, blah blah, so I called and it went straight to voicemail. I left a message, asking if he was okay because he didn't get back to me about the movie night and I wanted to make sure he was alive (jokingly of course). it's been almost three weeks and he hasn't gotten back to me. I don't get it. I used to spend hours talking to him and now he stopped talking to me. =[

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think there's a right answer for that.. just lots of reasons why he is not talking to u... could be anything really but I'm sure if you try to approach hium face to face you can get the answers you seek

• Could you throw some examples out there. you can be as honest as possible with me.

What Girls Said 1

• He's a jerk. 9 times out of 10 it's another girl when that happens.

• I really hope not. I've liked/hung out with this guy for months. he's really shy and so am i, so it's hard to imagine him finding this other girl... he is really cute tho =[ idk... he seems too nice to do that, but then again, he is a guy.