Is it unreasonable for me to ask my girlfriend to wear heels and sexy clothes when we go out some of the time?

I feel like she puts way more effort into her appearance when she's going out with her girlfriends. And she says that looking sexy just isn't her style. She's super attractive (no matter what she wears), but she rarely dresses up, and even less often for "just a date." Sometimes I want to "show off" my girl. Am I asking for too much?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not being unreasonable. If she does it on girls night out she can do it for her man

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's weird and controlling, so I guess it depends on the girl.

• What, so if the girl's weird and submissive, it's OK? Makes no sense to me. I definitely don't want to be controlling and think (?!) it's fairly normal to enjoy your girlfriend looking hot.

• I just don't think most women are comfortable with that particular motive.

I recommend just using "positive reinforcement" instead of turning it into an argument or anything. Next time she puts a bit of effort into her appearance, tell her how good she looks, get yourself turned on by it and show it. You motivate her by showing her how positive it can be for HER, not strictly about what you want or making her feel bad about not being the dressy type. Even then, it might not change her feelings.

• I think you're right on there...thanks!

• Maybe she's not the type of girl to dress up sexy all the time. There are girls like that, you just picked one that isn't. Just ask her to dress up a couple times when you go out with her. She may not think that you want her to because showing off your girl can get her some unwanted attention from other guys.

• I'm not asking for her to dress up all the time. I like the way she looks in sweats and her hair all messy too! I just wish she'd dress up occasionally. I've tried buying her clothes that I thought was cute (is that ever a minefield!). I definitely missed more than I hit, but even the stuff she likes she won't wear outside the house. I think I just have to give up on this one...count my blessings 'cause there are plenty of those too.

• buy her a new dress or new shoes and be like I wanna see you wear this or you would look beautiful in this!

What Guys Said 2

• I agree with you. I would say something like...

"I bet you look sexy in..."

"I'm sure you'd look great in..."

Drop hints like that. I do that sometimes with my girlfriend. One time, I told her that I think converse , shorts and long stripy socks look really attractive on a girl. The next time we met, she wore long stripy socks and shorts. Shame about the converse though! xD

• She wears what she likes or wants.