Guys. Why would a guy say this to a girl?

OK there is this guy. He has a girlfriend. He's my sister in laws brother. He text's me once in a while, but he's been texting me a lot. He texted me this morning 'hey beautiful'. I told him to back off because he has a girlfriend. Then he texts me she's not his girlfriend, but last weekend he pretty much introduced her to his mom as his girlfriend. Everybody pretty much knows they are dating. He's at the club we go to every week with her and all of us. He's just been texting me a lot lately.

Why would he keep texting me things like this. Even though he has a 'girlfriend' Why would you guys do this? To get something from on the side? Is it the chase? I heard he likes to chase. I don't know if he's using me. I don't know what to think. Because I don't want to get hurt :/

Advice would be helpful.

I'm 19 and he's 27. As far as I know they're still together. He'd texted me and I'd see them at the club together. One of my good friend's is his ex. They dated for 8 months and she told me he only want's a piece and to not trust him..He treated her bad...idk what to think...

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, not all guys are like that...because I'm not. I can however say, that I have been attracted to a girl that is unavailable, and I think it's the whole, "You cannot have this" thing...it's like a giant red shiny button that says, "Do not push"

There could be many reasons for his actions:

1) Things aren't going well with his current Girlfriend

2) He wants a 3 way (I don't know why guys think it's possible for this to happen, but it's not)

3) He gets an adrenaline kick doing something he's not supposed to. It's kind of like gambling, the type of rush...do I get caught kind of a thing

What Guys Said 3

• Sounds like a scumbag. Unless he just very recently broke up with her, then he's probably using you as an ego boost or he's hoping to get laid. Also, this sounds creepy, but I've heard some guys that like to go after girls that are virgins to be their first, so I don't know if that applies, but he sounds like a tool regardless.

• This guy is doing the same thing as a playgirl does.Look at a playgirl,she is always trying to attract more people around her for the deeply insecure in her heart,and at the same time ,she subconsciously send the feeling of insecure to her boyfriends.Both 2 sides feel insecure and fear to get hurt.

• He just wants some on the side.

What Girls Said 2

• Well I think it've been a bad sign when he first texted like this. In my personal view, he wants to flirt with you and tries to get your attention.he is playing and using u.I'm sorry to say all about this and I hope you could think more.

• He seems like a big flirt. Think about it, would you want to be his girlfriend knowing that he talks to girls on the side like this?

He's too old to be acting like that, and in my opinion too old for you. He seems immature, and he's definitely a player.

Help me with mine please? link