How Can I Get my Boyfriend to Realize his Apartment is DISGUSTING?

We've been together for years and I've told him before I think his place is too messy, but he will not listen. I understand a little bit of a mess (i'm not the cleanest person ever), but his place has gotten beyond what I can handle. Dishes and clothes everywhere, moldy bathroom, food wrappers, dog toys, basically, I can't even walk a few feet in his place without stepping on something and in order for me to set anything down, I have to scoot over mounds of paper, boxes, garbage, you name it.

So, I've SAID something, but how can I get him to REALIZE it?

p.s. anytime I say anything slightly negative to him, he gets extremely offended and thinks I'm nagging him. help.

Most Helpful Girl

• just stop going to his place. tell him that until he can tidy up, you two will have to hang out elsewhere.

What Guys Said 1

• Get use to it because if you stay with him, you will be cleaning it up. He is what 25 going on 12? Does he throw tantrums too?

What Girls Said 2

• tell him "we're not hanging out here until you clean up..so either you clean up or we find another place to hang" then leave. seriously.

• set the dirty crap on fire, and see how he likes his mess then