If you're on a date, would you be texting?

I'm asking because it's happend to me a few times, I find it extremely rude. I've also been on a date where the guy was texting his ex, who does that!?

Most Helpful Guy

• No.

If I did get a text that I needed to respond to, I'd make sure it wasn't during a time when we're talking. That's very annoying and rude.

What Guys Said 4

• No you shouldn't text. Like you said, it's pretty damn rude...

• Nope.

All attention must be to my significant other.

I will only check my phone if she goes to the bathroom.

I don't mind if she texted. But I expect myself to give her all my love.

• lol ouch, it shows lack of interest

• No, I will usually leave my phone at home or turn it off. If someone did that to me I would just leave while they were in the middle of a call unless it was an emergency. If that"s where they want to be then go.

• I also would leave my phone off while on a date.its very rude and inconciderate to text while your getting to know some one on a date.I would not give them a second date. And if he were texting his ex while out with me id let him know I didn't appericiate I id tell him maybe he needs to be with her not.

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't do it. I think it's rude and it can take away from the date.

• i've never been on a proper "date", but I would imagine a girl would be doing so because she isn't entirely interested in her date...if a guy was doing that on a date, I'd probably get pissed off and that would be our last date.

• Yeah I still do it. But I try to keep it to a minimum.