People who hit on you vs your own attractiveness.

Does the attractiveness of the people who hit on you reflect on how attractive you are?

For an example - People who are 3s get hit on by other 3s.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the hotter you are the more likely you get hit on by hot people, but even hot people will be hit on by ugly people. So it's not like being hit on by a 3 makes you a 3

• Right. But take on the majority of 3s that are hitting on you.

• Even 10s will get rejected sometimes by 8's and 10s. I think that you could easily date people who are around there in attractiveness. But rejection is just a part of life

• I am aware that rejection is a part of life. I am okay with that.

10s get rejected... By a blind person. - It makes more sense for 3s to go for 3s. Like most 8s go for 8-9s

What Guys Said 11

• I definitely do not believe people who are '3's' hit on '3's'. Then again I've had people hit on me from different ends of that 'scale' we're using. I've had girls who I thought were 7-8's hit on me, then I've had less attractive women hit on me. I take the compliment either way but I don't seek anything further. Everyone is going for something better. some settle for less. Depends on the person. Although I will say, being flattered by someone we see of more value, is going to make a person feel better than say someone who no one likes.

• the girls who have hit on me have been between 4-5 but I haven't been attracted to them. I don't know how much my rating is since if I had to rate my self id say 9.99. I am an almost perfect specimen :D

• This is the 2nd question today I've seen with this scale thing for attractiveness. How on earth can someone set a number to this? Its SO subjective

• Not really.

They're hitting on you vs. you hitting on them for a reason.

• Its totally different for guys. Girls who are 9s or 10s don't hit on anybody, they are too busy being hit on and expect a guy to hit on them. Beyond that I tend to get hit on by women in the 5-8 range. Older women and black women being the most aggressive, Asian women tend to have more of a passive approach of "not going to directly hit on him, but I will post up next to him to the point its obvious" which I'm counting. I think girls tend to hit on guys who are hotter than they are. They are not going to wait for him to go for the 9-10 in the room, when they can be a 7 and draw his attention towards her. Guys can go for the path of least resistance, and be attracted to not having to work for it, and the girls who are a 6-8 seem to know this...

• I consider most people that hit on me to be 10's. Either that or they like to talk behind my back and not in a good way. At least that's what I was told when me and this girl were speaking privately.

She really likes the drinks I make :)

• No.

If you're attractive, you will be hit on by the whole scale.

• i don't get hit on by anyone, does this make me a 0?

• So if I never get hit on, I must be off the scale.

• Not exactly because the more attractive you are, the more you are going to get hit on by others.

• No, especially if you're a guy... girls only hit on guys that are low-stress and aren't commitment, whether they realize it or not.

As for guys, we're pretty much the same and when we really like a girl, we're scared and have a hard time even saying "hello" to the girl we like, so getting hit on really doesn't mean much of anything in my opinion.

It means someone is DTF 99% of the time, nothing more...

• I meant to say committed. xD

• Hmm, makes sense. I still think guys aim at girls who are in their range.

• I think we go for girls that we see a bit of ourselves in, at least any guy that's looking for the right things in a relationship. Depends on how we perceive ourselves. If we think we deserve a hottie, we'll pursue a hottie :)

What Girls Said 17

• No because I've seen lots of ugly people hit on hot ppl.

And I've seen plenty of hot people dating ugly ppl, so one of them must have hit on the other one...

And I've known some hot people who were attracted to people I didn't think were as good looking as them.

• Not really. Guys don't hit on me and the guys that do try to flirt with me are, sorry if I sound rude, total losers. I know I'm not the prettiest girl out there but when my friend and I are going out, even she is thinking: "what the h...?"

So either I don't get hit on or the guy is not "as attractive" as me.

• Behavior:

No, god I hope not..I get hit on by dogs, druggies

Physical:

On the attractive scale..it's a mix..5-6 mostly..one very cute thing on the number scale an 8? ..(though I'll never tell him that)

I think for the most part it does but everything is subjective, some people are very physically attractive and thus more people find them pretty so they have a much higher chance of being hit on.

Some people also scream 'hit on me' while others scream 'stay away'

But being hit on by numerous unattractive people does not make one unattractive..and getting hit on by numerous attractive people does not make one attractive...because if you are a man if probably means you're rich. XD

• I don't think so, because everyone has their own taste - and it's not that simple of a scale. I may be a three on a scale of hotness, but an eight on a scale of cuteness. And some guys prefer their girls to be cute vs hot. Then you have to take personality into account. I may be a seven, but interested in a guy who's a three, because his personality is such a turn on. And then, of course, there are guys who will hit on anything mildly attractive (both flirts and players). So no, I don't think it's an accurate reflection.

• There was a study done on this sort of thing that found people often pick others for relationships who we rate as close to our own perception of ourselves.

Say I think I'm a 3. So I'll only seriously pursue men who are 2s, 3s, or maybe 4s.

I don't know if it would be the same for simply hitting on someone, but that's my two cents.

• lol I think it works better with ranges and different categories of people. Like a guy rated as a 6 would go for a girl rated from 5-8. And a girl/guy rated 9-10 usually for the same group of people that are 9-10. But it's possible for them to choose someone outside of the 9-10... but I won't get into that because it might offend some people.

• Interesting you ask this. Good question. Actually a couple months ago I was reading a study where it said men who are found to be less attractive, think they have more of a chance to get with a girl, the more attractive they are. So for ex.: The hotter the girl is the more of a chance they think they have of getting with her. Weird right? But personally, from my experience I've had two different ends of the spectrum. Some people I find to be 3's go for me, and some people I find to be 9's go for me, when I personally consider myself a 6. I guess it just comes down to personal preference.

• Yeah. If the only people who hit on you are uggmos, then you're one of them. If hot people hit on you, then you're one of them.

• does it still apply if you're a guy

• pr3ttybr0wn always gets downvoted for telling people what they don't wanna hear. LOL

• Amazing troll comment.

• From a social psychological standpoint, it's normal for people to end up with or be attracted to people who are about as attractive as they are. But though it's normal, I don't think everyone is that way. Also, attractiveness and beauty are subjective terms that vary by culture and other factors. Everyone has a different taste and idea of what a good-looking person is.

• Well then I must be pretty ugly and people tell me how pretty I am the liars. Only guys that are 400+ lbs and old enough to be my dad hit on me:( well except my insanly hot friend:)

• well there was a study done on this actually. I forgot what it's called but I remember watching it in my psychology class. people got numbers based on their attractiveness, and they had to pick a partner. at the end, people with the same numbers chose one another, or someone that's close to their number

• Usually I get both- the hot guys and then the not so hot guys. Girls generally get hit on no matter what

• Interesting question. I would really want to know the answer to that...

Lets say I view my self as a 10 and only 3's approach me.. Does that mean I'm really a 3? or Perhaps to them I look like a 3? o_o

How am I suppose to answer this? ha ha I never really get hit on by guys who I am 'truly' attracted to. :[

• Not really. So if you're a 10, do only 10's hit on you? Nope. The whole scale will hit on you.

• I don't really think so...

• *praying hopefully not*

if that holds true, then, I might as well join a nunnery.

• I've been told by lots of guys that I'm a 8 but I only get hit by guys that I consider to be 5-6 :/