Why are we left out?

My guy friend and I were talking -- I was telling him how it upsets me how I've never really dated much. I'm told that I'm gorgeous, very friendly, easy going, and all around a really great person. Then he came up with an interesting answer -- "Basically girls are split into tow categories, the hot, I wanna bang her type of girls. Then there's the pretty, smart, intelligent girls, and you fall into that category and actually most guys prefer that, but the first type of girls are just easier to get." Okay I thought, but that still didn't answer my question. If I fall into that category why is it so hard to find a date? Why is it that a guy would sacrifice a quality relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys would, but not all. For me, yes, I like pretty women, sure. But I'm looking for more than that. And I'm waiting, so I'm really not interested in meaningless flings with girls who are bad for me. I AM looking for that "something more." I'm sure I'm not the only guy, or the only "type" of guy who would feel similarly.

As for why, there could be a lot of possible reasons a guy wouldn't go for the smart funny cute girls right off the bat. There could be a few relating to you specifically. I don't mean either as an insult. Some of those things are good ways to separate quality from non quality guys. Some of those things could be impersonal, and not a bad thing.

They might think you're so great that you'd never date them, and they're intimidated by you (in a "good" way).

They may think you have a boyfriend.

They may just be working so hard on improving themselves (girlfriend or not) that they don't know how to interact with girls because they've been busy studying, or trying to get a good job...

You never know...

What Guys Said 3

• Those categories are crap.

• Cause they are 'Quality-less' guys.

• Maybe it's because that "group" intimidates most guys.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe girls fall into those catagories for HIM. I don't think that is a guy thing. It isn't just hard for you to find a date, it is just hard to find a "good quality" date, and I think it is hard for everyone believe it or not.