What to do during "competition" type stuff with a guy.

This is a really f***ing stupid question. But I have to ask.

So let's say you're playing a game or something with a guy. Are you supposed to let him win? My mom said that if you beat him, he'll feel emasculated and his ego will like crash so he'll be pissed -_-.

But losing on purpose just sounds stupid..

So anyways, if you naturally suck at the game/thing/whatever, will he think it's cute or annoying. If you keep messing up and stuff and pretty much ruin the game.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the guy, really. It does. Some guys might get upset if they lose, others might welcome the competition. But honestly, if he gets all huffy because you did well, it's your choice what to do, but I for one would tell him to grow a pair and suck it up. People lose. I honestly don't think you should have to throw a game just because of his stupid fragile little ego. As with your first question though, it also depends on the guy as to what he'd think about if you naturally suck at something. Still, all in all I think you should just give the game your all, no matter what. I don't care about someone else's ego. I don't think you should either. I say if he has a problem with you being good. Too bad. Better he takes you seriously than pander to his insecurities only to be treated with condescension. Just play. Do your best. Who cares?

• Okay background story. So I was playing baggo with my mom and two other older (married) guys. (She was just using them as an example). Anyways, I already hate these two guys, they're jerks etcetc, and I suck major ass at baggo and they kept giving me sh*t about it, so I was getting fustrated at myself. Probably looked bad if I was getting mad over a stupid game but whatever. So my mom said that I shouldn't even give a damn, and to just throw the game and act like a stupid bimbo to spare their egos

• I'm mad at myself for getting so upset about it, but I guess I was already crabby since they had been jerks to me the whole night already, and they just lakjsdlfkasdf. Lol anyway thanks for the help.

• No problem. Good luck.

What Guys Said 6

• Kick his ass.

When someone beats me at something, I'm impressed with them. Sometimes I get angry, but only at myself.

If it's obvious someone let me win at something, I might actually get angry at them. It's hard to have fun in landslides. But if you just naturally suck, and therefore you can't help it, then I have no reason to get mad. Being terrible at stuff isn't really cute, but it can be fun trying to help a newbie.

• It's cute but we have to let you win

• play the game to you best... try and win ... that's kinda the point... if he can't take losing... that's just sad!

competitive girls are hot! and can make a lot of things more fun!

• Quit analyzing useless crap. Just play the game normally for christ sake...

• I already know it was a stupid question. Just wanted opinions cause I'm pissed about the situation.

• A lot of people on this site need a slap of reality. Some get a red mark and others get a concussion. I deliver both. I am sick of everyone over-analyzing stuff that is so minute in the long run that it isn't even funny. Don't worry about it. I don't understand how much you had to think about this to log in to the web site, type out your question, submit it, and wait for an answer. It isn't worth getting pissed over either.

• So why are you on this site if you're sick of everyone over-analyzing situations? This is a site for people to pose questions they want answered, regardless of how 'stupid' it sounds to others.

• play to win :)

• lol just play the game... me personally I don't like beating people by a landslide at all I find it terrable and not fun, I want my partner to have fun I don't want to just win lol that seems rediculous to me.. ud have to be with some immature primitive guy for him to be butthurt after losing to his girlfriend

What Girls Said 3

• its hot if a girl can play a game and she's actually good. if you beat him its even better. then that's just one more thing you can do together. plus you can turn it into sex stuff. ex: if I win you have to...

addiing new stuff to the bedroom is always fun

and men tend to feel emasculated when it invovles something more physical

• Play as best as you can :)

Someone who fights to win is a lot sexier than one that gives up and acts like a stupid bimbo.

• Fighting! Fighting! Do your best! My boyfriend loves that I like to play video games.