How should I take the next step with a girl I like?

I'm in a summer class with this cute girl that I really like. It's a pretty small class and we always sit next to each other. We chat a lot during class, and she laughs at my jokes, but I can't tell if she is interested in me as more than just a friend. I haven't really seen her in a social situation outside of class. How can I tell based on body language etc. if she likes me, and how should I proceed if I do think she likes me without risking humiliation?

Most Helpful Girl

• See how she interacts with other guys. Get her number (excuse could be class related-- tell her you might miss class Friday to go away for the weekend and you want her to text you to tell you if there's a quiz next class or something) then on Friday go to class and tell her your plans were foiled. Then you can talk about her plans for the weekend. Get the convo going. Ask her if she wants to grab lunch before/after class one day. She is at least interested in you as a friend, that's easy to tell. Now you need to hang out with her outside of class a little, talk about things outside of class and see if she gets a little flirty. Be playful with her, see if she is playful back.

help me with mine please? link

What Girls Said 2

• Class is the worst place to do this. You two should get lunch together or something. Guys have a tendency to think a girl is flirting with them even though we're just talking to you.

• check the way she reacts when she sees you. if she stands up slightly taller or pushes her chest out slightly then she does, also does she sorta mirror your movements? these are clear signs

What Guys Said 1

• Well there are some signs that can help you guess if this girl might like you or not. One sign is if this girl laughs at nearly all of your jokes even if you think that your jokes aren't that funny. And since you have told me that she has been laughing at your jokes then that is one positive sign. Another sign that can help you indicate if this girl might like you is if she plays with her hair while she is listening or talking to you. If she plays with her hair in a playful way then chances are that she might like you. Another sign that you can look at as an indicator is if she stands or sits close to you. If a girl likes a person, even as a friend, then that girl will not mind being physically close to that person. The girl will also not fold her arms across her chest. Folding the arms across the chest is an indicator or sign that a person wants to be reserved, cautious, or closed off. My final indicator to you is whether the girl smiles at you. If the girl smiles at you then chances are that you make her feel good in some way or another and therefore she has some interest in you. I hope my advice can help you out in some way or fashion, best of luck creating a romantic relationship with this girl, and keep me posted with how things progress okay! :)