Girls, do you like when a guy "shows off"?

If a guy displays confidence when he is going to do something (and does it), is it attractive? The girl I like tells me I'm cocky and arrogant but in all seriousness, I'm just being confident and I never bite more than I can chew. If I make things look easy because I know how to do them, I don't think I'm being cocky. She keeps telling me "you like showing off, don't you?" but I'm not, I'm concentrating in doing what I have to and keeping calm. I noticed that she likes to stare at me when I'm doing something or talking confidently and she gets this big smile on her face and then starts making cracks at me but she seriously seems turned on and enjoying it.

So is "showing off" (as she puts it) a turn off?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think to a certain extent it can be really sexy. The guy I like is sort of like that too. What I recomend you do is every now and then mention something your not good at to make you a little more "down to earth" and its also sexy when a guy who can do a lot can't do something for a change. When you say what you can't do, make a joke about it. It shows confidence to admit something your bad at too, and girls love jokes lol. If your getting the smile and the eyes I think your alright :) good luck!

• Well, I have told her I'm NOT good at making her laugh and yeah, I'm terrible at it lol. I do bring up things I don't know or can't do, but she gets all sarcastic and say "but I thought you knew everything!" or something like that.

• I know what you're saying. And I do the exact same thing with the guy I like whose like good at everything. I'll make fun of him for every little thing he can't do lol but that's just flirting! Don't take it harshly, she's just joking :)

What Girls Said 2

• hmmm no I wouldn't say so... A confident man is attractive. If he's really cocky and for no reason, than he's a jerk... But if she gives you the eyes and the smile... I'd say she's turned on. The guy I like is like that, and I keep telling him he's a rather self confident fella. But it's sexy...

• i like a guy right now who is really confident. I find it really attractive. I think if she is smiling at you and making fun of you she probably likes you

What Guys Said 1

• there's a big difference being cocky and being confident.

one part of that difference is behavior and communication.

• I know there's a difference and according to people, I'm not cocky and she is the only one who calls me that. When people ARE being cocky and I call them out on it or prove them wrong, then she tells me I'm being rude. SO being confident means sitting in the background and not calling cocky people out on things? She has a very skewed view of things, specially when it comes to the subject of me.