How do you know when you've found the one, that you'll be content forever?

How do you know 'this is it', I'll never want for anything or anyone more than this? Don't say "you just know" I want to know how...even though things are good with my boyfriend and I have a lot of what I want in a partner and in a relationship; How do I stay content with the fact that he's not everything I want, I'm very much in love and I want to be content for the rest of my life but he's not my "knight in shining armor" if you know what I mean.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had this boyfriend who was very affectionate to me, he made me his everything and he always made me clear he wanted to marry me, that I was the love of his life.. He treated me well and we were very much in love with each other. But nobody is perfect, he was very immature, clingy and jealous, and sometimes I wondered if I would really like to spent the rest of my life with him.. Then I met this other guy and there was a very special and strong connection the first time our eyes crossed.. A friend introduced us a few days later and even though his first impression was very odd we talked later and we just connected like with nobody else, and we are both shy and have trouble trusting people. I'm not saying he is better that my ex, but he is way more compatible with me.

It's all about knowing really well a person, compatibility and being comfortable enough to accept its mistakes and negative things, and of course, love.

What Guys Said 1

• "You just know" - bullsh*t canned and sold at a store. No, you won't know, nor will you be certain of anything. that is where trust comes in. If you don't like the personality traits of a person, then don't try to change them, move on. Point blank. If you aren't content, then you can remain single and sleep around, your choice to do whatever you want. But once you realize that no one is perfect, and no one can be 'everything you want', than maybe you'll regret a relationship you left because of it. Once with someone, I can be very content. If I'm not content, I'll move on. This happens within the month or so of knowing them. After that it isn't hard to stay with someone, at least for me anyways. For me to not be content, I'd say they would have to be a liar, vulgar and generally behave like a guy. in that sense no. I find femininity to be more attractive.

But you have to know what you're willing to live with and what you aren't willing to live with.

What Girls Said 1

• give up that notion or you will be on a long and neverending search for a needle in a haystack that you will never find.

at a certain point in life you become ready to settle down and part of this is finding someone who makes you happy and has many points you like yet at the same time accepting everybody has faults and things that will not be "perfect" and deciding you are willing to make it work.

if you think you will find prince charming, good luck to you, you are sorely mistaken.