How to tell her about my boyfriend?

So I have been seeing this guy for about 8 months and dating him officially for almost three, and originally our relationship was a secret because we weren't sure if we wanted more blah blah but now it has gotten quite serious. I have met his family and they really enjoy me around but my mom has never met the guy and I haven't really had the guts to tell her about him. The one problem is that he is Hispanic and I am white, I have grown up in a somewhat strict family with strict guidelines about what is acceptable, and I believe my mom would only want to see me with a white guy, so I have been a bit hesitant to bring him up. But now my boyfriend is beginning to think there is something wrong with him, so GAG how do I bring up this in conversation? What do I say? Any advice is appreciated!

Most Helpful Guy

• Im facing a similar problem, but I'm on the reverse edge of that sword, My girlfriend is japanese and I'm chinese and her mom may have a problem with the fact that I'm chinese,

be honest about it to your parents, if they object, tell her that he cannot help what ethnicity he is born into, and this doesn't make him any worse of a person. Skin color doesn't matter, its what's inside that counts (sorry if that sounds cliche, but its true)

What Guys Said 2

• Haha..wow.. no advice. get out.

• Say nothing and tell your mom he is coming over for dinner.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell your family to stop being so racist. It's 2012. Talk him up to your mom. Tell her all the positive things about him. Then they will know who he is as a person instead of judging him by the color of his skin. If he's a good guy then what difference does it make? Would they rather you date a white guy who treats you like sh*t over a Hispanic guy who truly loves you? If they can't accept him I'd bring up points like this. It's your life, you're an adult so you are able to make your own choices. Of course we all want to please our family, but you need to consider what's best for you also, especially when it comes to the close minded ideals of your family. If your family truly loves and respects you, they will come to accept him too with time.

• What makes me a libtard? The fact that I don't judge people on their skin color? F***off frostie. Better than being a complete retard like you.