Guy I met online invited me to go to a concert?

I met this really great guy through an online game actually, but we found out we lived about an hour away from each other. We used to talk to each other a ton online, but we haven't spoken for a while. He showed me a band a long time ago, and I fell in love with it. So we did have that connection still at least.

He messaged me a little while ago, asking if I was going to the concert that was playing in a city near us, and offered to buy me a ticket to it. I don't know if he likes me or not, and I don't know if he meant it as a date. But I told him "That's so sweet of you, but I'd never let you do that :P It would be fun to hang out though" and told him that some friends were going to it so I was going to go with them probably.

Now I'm worried, because if he did like me, that probably ruined his chance of hanging out with me, and I don't think I worded my response right at all. :( There's probably no way to meet up with him now if we buy separate tickets though, right? Do you think my response sounds rude? I've never been to a concert like this before, lol, I don't know what to do now.

What Guys Said 2

• Hmmm. I'd probably be a little confused with your response. You want to hang out yet you don't want to go to a concert with him--just sounds a bit contradictory imo. But even if he has his own ticket and you go with your other friends, it's still possible to meet up--just let each other know where you are at the place; you can even meet up before and after.

What type of venue is it? Indoor stadium with reserved seats? Or outdoor with festival seating?

• Huge indoor stadium

• Oh, I think it'll be a little harder to get together at the stadium then. Maybe if it's not packed and you can move over to some empty seats with him. There's always before and after. The good thing is that you said "...I was going to go with them probably," so it's not like you fully committed to your other friends. You can still take him up on his offer.

• Be brave and contact him. Be relaxed and be yourself as you got nothing to lose.

What Girls Said 0