Now he is putting on the breaks? How should I act?

This guy seems to like me but now he is putting on the breaks and wanting to slow things down because he doesn't want a girlfriend. We hung out and talked a lot for 2 weeks and now not so much. What should I do?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• If you just met him, take things slow! Get to know him, take your time. If you rush into things, chances are it'll go wrong because you don't know if you match. If you know him, you'll know if you match. I had a couple of "relationships" (I don't even call them relationships because they went wrong quite fast) that I rushed into. We're not even friends now because it went really wrong.

Just take things slow, meet up, get to know each other, flirt a bit, see where things go!

• That depends. Do you want a boyfriend? Do you want to be his girlfriend? Are you ready for a relationship? If you answered yes to any of those questions the smart thing for you to do would be to continue being his friend but look for a guy that is on the same page as you.

Generally, when a guy says he doesn't want a girlfriend what he really means is he wants the good parts (sex, you being there for him whenever he wants) but he doesn't want to deal with you or your problems.