Is "taking it slow to get to know me" real?

I started talking to this guy and he was texting me all the time and wanted to see me all the time. We hung out all day one Saturday, Saturday night and then Sunday. That week he disappeared on me. I asked if he wanted to hang out and he gave an excuse. Then Thursday we talked. He said he wanted to slow things down and he wasn't sure. I ended up seeing him on Saturday night out and we talked for 3 hours. He said he really likes me and wants to get to know me before jumping into something. We spent the night together on Saturday. But now its been three days I only hear a bit but when I flirt with him on texts he ducks away until the next day. Am I thinking too much about it or is he really just not into me?

It has now been three days of silence. How can you take it slow and get to know each other if you don't even get a text?! As much as I want to believe I am wrong, I just don't get it. Any help or clarification PLEASE!

Most Helpful Girl

• i think you're over thinking it :o) if he wants to get to know you before jumping into something than I'd take it for face value. there doesn't seem to be any reason for him to lie about that. so yeah I'd look at it as getting to know him too as a friend. maybe he's got burned in the past by other women. who knows. but I'd take it slow and respect how he wants things to proceed with you. maybe think of really fun activities you could do together that'll make the situation and time you spend together fun with little pressure. I hope this helps and good luck with your new friend :o)

ps. some guys seriously just want to take things slow when they meet someone they like.