Why is it different when a girl kisses a guy as opposed to the reverse?

Girl randomly decides to kiss the guy she's talking to. (Sounds romantic)

Guy randomly decides to kiss the girl he's talking to. (Apparently he forced himself upon her)

Now, I'm a guy, what if I wanted to be romantic? Would I be wrong for it?

Most Helpful Girl

• People will only react positively if they are interested, no matter the gender.

Girls as a general rule are just a bit more fussy.

I guess the most you can do is just try to read their body language or whatever, if they are flirting then kissing them is probably not going to be a problem.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it just has to do with the different gender stereotypes.. I mean typically if a guy is talking to a girl, he has some sort of interest in her, so if she kisses him its cute and romantic and great and all that, but oftentimes girls are just NICE and continue talking to guys they're not really interested in, in THAT way. So if they read the signals wrong and they kiss her, it's not as romantic as they would have envisioned. I think in most cases though, if there is a mutual attraction, a lot of girls like it when guys kiss them first.

• This is one thing that bothers me about our modern society. A simple gesture like that can so easily be taken the wrong way by some people. When a guy leans in to get a kiss and I am not interested, I turn my cheek away or move my head. Or tell him with my words I am not interested. I don't run off to someone else and complain about harassment. Because it's not, he took a chance and sometimes it works and sometimes it fails. That's life, it's not fair to accuse someone of harassment when it is not.

• No

What Guys Said 1

• It all depends if both genders are interested in each other or not.