How early is too early?

I'm dating/seeing this decent educated guy who is a total gentleman. He also said he is ready to settle down. He's 26, I'm 20. He was afraid I wasn't ready settle down at first whatever that means. We have went on four dates, two which included paying for stuff and he paid for both of them. We are both really busy so we keep in contact on the phone and text a lot when we don't see each other also. He now wants to take things a step forward I guess and he's inviting me over to his place. He says he is looking forward to cuddling with me and watching a movie. I'm afraid he is going to want a lot more than that though. I feel comfortable enough being close with him, trust him, and wouldn't mind taking things a step forward if the time is right. However, I don't want to mess anything up by going too fast. He really wants to show me his place and around his neighborhood so I want to go over, but after four dates is it okay to begin to get that close/take things further? If I feel the time is right when I go over to his house would that screw things up? I don't know how things will go when I go over but I'm just preparing myself for it if things do happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no set correct amount of time before you should be doing A, B or C. The correct amount of time is somewhere in the middle of where you are both comfortable. I'd say four dates is plenty of time to be going to his house. Also plenty of time for a cuddle on the couch. Humor him, go hang out with him at his house, and if things get hot, go with it until you don't want to. Just say "I'm not ready to go any further". That should be just fine. He should be happy he got somewhere, haha, at least feel like progress is being made. KERMIT, are you saying sex after date 3 is the general rule? Or, becoming physical at all is the general rule after 3 dates? That'd be a little quick for me and the last two serious relationships I had, they both tried a few times before we went all the way. I'd say it was about after dating for 6 weeks. Neither of them seemed frustrated with the wait. I'd say if a guy throws a fit about waiting, he's really only looking for a piece of tale from the get go.

What Guys Said 2

• Too early is when you're uncomfortable, simple as that.

• Entitlement is something some guys feel after they pay for a few dates. The general rule is 3rd date but that also depends on the individual. Maybe you should tell him that you won't sleep with him until you feel comfortable with it.

What Girls Said 0