My boyfriend gets mad over stupid things like me wanting to hang out with him..

We have been dating for a year and a half and he gets mad because I want to hang out with friends, or people on my Facebook. Like my moms ex boyfriend that I have grow to know. But I had to delete him because my boyfriend got mad at me for just having him as a friend. He also gets mad at me when I want to hang out with him, when he doesn't want to..I ask why he don't want to and all he says is he don't know..So I just say OK whatever and go on with my day...I don't know how to make him not get mad over stupid stuff and how to get him to hang out with me..Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• Since you didn't mention any real history of fighting in your question, I'm going to assume he is probably in an abusive relationip with someone else (i.e., his father, his mother, etc..) and he is taking it out on you as a coping mechanism.

Obviously it has to stop. Boundaries need to be setup, and unacceptable behavior needs to be engaged directly. As fair warning, doing this advice has the potential to end the relationship. You'll have to be prepared for that outcome.

What Guys Said 1

• He's acting way too immature. Talk to him about it.

What Girls Said 1

• It's probably going to get worse- been there, done that. I know that sounds bad but I suggest either sitting down and having a serious "Smarten the F*** up and stop PMSing more than I do" talk or move on from the relationship. :(