My boyfriend needs some space?

My boyfriend and I have been together for only about two weeks now, but I didn't hear from him for 4 days and last night he finally texted me, and I asked him if he was okay and he said "I'm sorry. Something really bad happened." so I asked him what happened, but I also said he didn't have to tell me if he didn't want to and I haven't gotten a response yet. I was thinking maybe he is having family issues because everything was fine before I didn't hear from him. When we first started talking, we planned to hang out but he couldn't at the last minute because he told me that his mom was taken to the hospital because she was depressed for a while and that she had a really bad panic attack.

He knows how understanding I am, and I'm willing to give him his space, I told him I wasn't going to attack him or be aggressive because he's not talking to me and I told him if he needs me or anything that of course I'm gonna be there.

So I'm just wondering about other opinions? I'd like to know what is going on but he has yet to tell me but I'm still okay with it, if he doesn't want to talk about it.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you did well in getting that point across that you're understanding.

Take his word for it, and sometimes people don't like to share their problems with others.

What Girls Said 1

• He'll come around sooner or later :)