He says and displays how much he cares but wants to take things slow?

Its going on 3 months that we've been dating after an interesting break up earlier this year shortly after being introduced by his friend. With less involvement from friends on both sides things have been going very well. He truly cares for me and my daughters and knows I feel the same with him and his child. I asked him the other day how did he feel about us officially being exclusive and he said he wasn't ready for that just yet. He said, "With relationships comes responsibilities and he doesn't want to fail when it comes to me nor hurt me in any way especially being he was given a 2nd chance to be together." He also mentioned he's not ready then again isn't sure he wants to be in one right now." Family and friends know of me and know that I'm his special lady friend. However he's a very prideful person as so am I and we are both going through a transition in our lives so we both like to keep our problems/issues at bay. He's also a widower going on almost 2 years and I noticed that a gift the girls and I gave him now covers his late wife's portrait. We have a good thing and for once its nice not having someone rushing me to the alter or trying to move in with me, lol. I wanted to know from the fellas what does this all means in men's language and what is it that I can do in being patient until he's ready but not seem like I'm being pressed but cool with it and build off of it positively so that eventually when we do become a couple its right for not only him but the both of us?

Most Helpful Guy

• His wife died he definitely still has feelings for her and is probably working through those, the fact he put something covering his late wifes picture is a sign of progress but don't rush him. Men do have feelings but we hide them especially around children. if things are going well let them continue at a steady pace. He'll be ready when he's ready.

What Guys Said 1

• Just keep enjoying your time with him, things are headed in the right direction for you.

What Girls Said 1

• If things are going well and you're happy - why rush to put a label on it? If he's not pushing you, don't push him. You obviously are a couple, he knows it and you know it. Does anything else really matter?

• I don't know why I was even worried about it...I guess I just wanted to be sure all was well...lol. Thanx!