Which of these is the most important

which is the most necessary in a relationship...trust, communication, honesty, understanding or loyalty & why?

• Trust
  • Communication
  • Honesty
  • Understanding
  • Loyalty

Most Helpful Girl

• I think those are all vitally important for a relationship. But I think honesty is the foundation for all of those options. Can you trust someone or be loyal to them if there is no honesty? Can you have good communication if you aren't being honest? And can you really understand someone if they aren't being honest with you? I think honesty trumps all. Lying- to the other person or to yourself- defeats all of those other qualities. If you aren't honest with someone, your relationship with them isn't even real.

What Guys Said 9

• None of the above. Physical attraction is the most important of all, without it, none of the other things on the list matter.

• Communication is vital. Obviously it needs to be honest communication, and that will build trust and understanding. But you can't really have ANY relationship without communication.

• I think all of those are equally important.

As for which one is most necessary, perhaps communication. Though I'm inclined to say every single one too.

• All of the above are unquestionably vital in a strong, successful and happy relationship. My girlfriend and I are proof of that and I wouldn't date someone who couldn't keep to the values described. Plain and simple.

• They all are equally important.

You can't remove one of those things and expect it to work.

• Honesty. Lies can turn your life into a living hell.

• I've said it many MANY times around here. communication. But with that has to be Trust and Honesty and Loyalty. But good communication iskey.

• Without communication you have nothing.

• I chose trust, but they are intertwined.

What Girls Said 15

• I'd say communication and honesty are the most important. If something goes wrong with one of the others... if you can't communicate with each other properly, then things will only get more difficult.

• i say loyalty. if someone is loyal, they likely will not lie. Also you will be able to trust them and even if your communication isn't that great, you at least know they are loyal so you don't have to worry that they are doing something untoward. And if they are loyal, they will still stick by you when they don't understand everything about you or your behavior. because, let's face it, we quite often don't understand each other even when we communicate and are honest. Loyalty, also known as faithfulness is RARE. It is rare, because it means this person will stick by you through thick and thin.

I'll take loyalty ANY day.

• Communication doesn't do any good if it doesn't lead to understanding, though, am I right? No? Oh well

• Trust: You both can trust that each other is doing the right thing, doesn't mean you are

Honesty: You can honestly say you were unfaithful

All of these are important and should go in some kind of order for me its the following

1. Loyalty : Promising to not run off when things get a little shaky and if you say you're with that person you're with THAT person

2. Honest: Tells the truth no matter what the repercussion

3. Trust: Trusting that you will work through a small or big issue and trust that they will be loyal and honest

4. Communication: Always sharing how you feel with each other and not your problems everyone else but them, keeping interest in their lives and not just what you want to hear or talk about

5. Understanding: Knowing it's not always roses and kittens and that men and women think differently, being there for each other and supporting one another

• All are equally important, and a relationship needs all of them to thrive, grow, and last successfully. But I believe that communication is the one that makes the others possible. I think it's the most basic you can get, and it's the foundation on which all kinds of relationships are built.

If you don't communicate openly with someone...

- You can't expect them to TRUST you, because you are not sharing any information with them (not being HONEST, whether through lying directly or by omission), and therefore can't expect them to UNDERSTAND you either. All of those things collectively lead up to LOYALTY.

• I really don't think that any of those are optional, they'll all very very important, I can't imagine a happy relationship or marriage without all of those things.

• Hmm if I could only choose ONE I think I would choose trust. This is because trust is so hard to gain, but so easily broken, and it's just very hard to trust people. If there is no trust in a relationship then there is no real relationship period.

If I had to order them as far as what I think is the most important to the least important it would be:

Trust

Honesty

Communication

Loyalty

Understanding

Although, it is really hard to order them because all of them are so very important in order for a relationship to work and last.

• without ALL of these things, you're not going to have a very healthy relationship.

• You need one quality in order to get the other quality- All of them are important and necessary in order for a relationship to work.

• Communication.

Because it facilitates the others.

• trust, honesty

I hate liars or cheaters. If a guy lies to me because he thinks I wouldn't understand so what the f*** are we doing together ?

• they are all very important but I chose communication because without it, things will just fall apart very quickly

you have to be able to talk to each other about important things

• Without trust you have nothing.

• I feel like trust honesty and loyalty are the exact same thing. Also communication and understanding.

• I say honesty...its difficult to be with a liar - life would be a living hell. But overall you need all of the above for a successful relationship