Can you have sex appeal and avoid being hated by other girls?

Celebrities that girls usually like don't really have much of a sex appeal (taylor swift, audrey hepburn, etc) while the 'hot' ones like Megan fox in her heydays, get lots of hate mail. How do you strike a balance between the two?

Most Helpful Guy

• Show that you're more than just a pretty face. Intelligence, self-awareness, and generosity help to counter balance jealousy. Although you may not be able to get rid of jealousy, the best you can do is turn it into grudging respect.

What Guys Said 4

• LOL who says those women don't have much of sex appeal? Even if not as physically "hot" as the sexiest celebrities, but I find their down to earth attitudes much more appealing and most are certainly not lacking in looks.

• I think any type of popularity garners hate.

• Anthropological studies show that human females and their ancestors have been hating on other females for having too much sex appeal for literally millions of years.

They're literally bred to do it.

So no...

• I don't think anyone can live life with out being hated on

I think the best thing here would be to have a positive attitude when people do hate instead of retaliating

What Girls Said 9

• Whether or not you have sex appeal, there will always be haters and fans, so you might as well do what makes you happy.

• You can't please everyone. Women are taught to compete with other women when it comes to beauty (or socially constructed ideas of beauty, at least). All you can do is be the bigger person and don't be cocky or give people legitimate reason to resent you.

For the record, I don't really agree with your assertion that Taylor Swift and Audry Hepburn don't have sex appeal or that they're necessarily most popular amongst other women.

• I think the best way to get around that is to be sexy but not show you are aware of it until you and some guys/the guy are alone. Girls won't see you as of much of a threat if it appears to them that you don't know how to use what you've got.

• No, I don't think so. Well all girls aren't bitches ofcourse but many don't want to be upstaged, it can get pretty ugly even between best friends

• Have a great personality. But there are always haters.

• No I think some girls will hate reguardless even if you think you don't have sex appeal you might wear better clothes,have alsome hair ect..there's always something to find but there's gona be friends that aren't like that too

• No I wish it were possible

• No I wish it were that simple

• There are lots of sexy, gorgeous women who are farily well liked. Charlize Theron, Jada Pinkett Smith, Michelle Williams ... are just a few who pop to mind.

Megan Fox is an abrasive idiot -- that ALWAYS garnishes critics. She has said a lot of ignorant, self-absorbed and mean-spirited things, publically.

Some people are jealous of anyone, but the celebrities getting a lot of hate mail tend to be male and female douchebags. Don't be a douchebag ... I think kambo said it more eloquently.