How can I make him change his mind?

My boyfriend is a lot older than me, I'm not going to say how old, but he is older OK, and he doesn't like to hang out with me at public places because he says I look way too young and he doesn't want people to think he is a child molester, plus he says the fact that he is black and I'm white doesn't help. I'm 18, but I do look younger, I don't care what people think, but sometimes it would be nice to go out with him more often, we rarely go out together, and he acts all indifferent when we do. I mean, we live together, so I don't see the big deal. Anyway, it's not as bad as it sounds, but it is just one of those things that would make the relationship nicer.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think its a little crazy he doesn't want to. I think he she be proud of you. I think he will change. Were men sometimes it takes longer for us to relize how we act. Just try not to pressure him to much.

What Guys Said 2

• He needs to man up, it is not really as bad as that. Sure, when I go out in public with my stepdaughter, since most assume an uggo like me would never be with a woman let lone have a kid so I get nasty looks occasionally but it passes most of the time. No one's yet called the cops on me so its okay.

If you do get confronted put up a very spirited defense of your man, perhaps even turning the tables on the confronters lol.

• He needs to snap out of it, that's just silly.

What Girls Said 1

• Um, maybe this guy isn't worth it if he doesn't want to go out with you in public. If it was ever to become a serious relationship would you guys just stay at home all the time? If that sounds appealing to you then go for it, but that doesn't really seem like an enjoyable relationship and he is acting like he is doing something wrong with is a little concerning.