Do you think teens from 16/17 are ready to settle down?

for me I don't think so because this is the age that they have this raging hormones and can't quit figure out what they want yet they are just experiencing

Most Helpful Girl

• What prompted this question? I've been in a committed, stable relationship since I was 15. I'm 19 now, so when I was 16 and 17, I was "settled down." Was I ready to get married? No. Was I financially ready to support myself on my own? No. Was I mature enough to handle the demands of a relationship? Yes. Am I skipping around flirting with guys? No. I'm content with my boyfriend. But just because I was in a relationship through those years doesn't mean I didn't also have fun.

What Guys Said 3

• Not at all. 16 and 17 year olds for the most part are very immature and don't know what they want in life yet.

• God no. If you settle at 16/17, just go to bed and stay there because life is ovaaaaaaaaaa'

• Only if they're financially stable. But even then, no way, too young and inexperienced. Why be bogged down so early?

What Girls Said 3

• No I don't believe so. At the time I of course thought I was old enough and knew what I wanted. I was head over heels in love with a guy I began dating at 15, I'm 21 now and we just broke up about a month ago. People change, feelings change, your life changes constantly. The path you were both on at one point in time, that'll change constantly as well. It's something everyone has to learn and experience on their own though, nothing that somebody wants to be told.

• No. Because where are you settling? You aren't even considered an adult yet...You can't do anything really...where are you going to live? I'm 21 and I still think there are a lot of things that I could accomplish. You have your entire life to settle down. Rushing because "you love them" yet can't afford gas, rent, bills, etc...just wait for all of that!

• helll noooo

they gotta get out there make mistakes ( hopfully not fatal ones)

and discover who they wanna be.