Do guys ever need a day or two of space even if they are still really into you?

Ok, so I've been dating this guy for a couple months, he isn't seeing anyone else (neither am I) but I'm not officially his girlfriend. This past weekend, one of his best girl friends randomly told me that all his friends think we should be official, and that they have never seen him feel this way about a girl... she said he's never dated anyone for longer than a few weeks and never talked about anyone/acted around anyone the way he does around me. She also said all his friends think I'm really good for him and they like us together. That made me feel good...

But the past few days (since then) he's been really distant, acting weird and not texting/calling me unless there is an actual reason like he has a question. It feels bad... like he isn't interested... but why would she tell me he really cares about me, when I didn't even bring it up?

What could this mean? Is he just afraid, or is he losing interest?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't jump to thinking negatively being that his close friend shared that with you...it sounds like its a good thing what yal have going on. He could be going through something and because yal have been only dating for a few months he may feel its not in the best interest of the relationship to bring it up or let it be known for a number of reasons all of which in his mind is keeping things cool. Now look at the type of questions he's been asking u...are they just general questions or something that could be of what he maybe going through that he's indirectly asking to see what you think or feel about it.

But if your really curious to know just ask what's up with the distance all of a sudden...are you going through something and/or is everything alright? Posing the question like that basically shows that your concern but not tripping at the sametime only that you noticed a sudden change. As far as giving him space...definitely do that. If not for nothing it shows that your not the needy smothering type and that you too also have a life outside of him...guys like that a lot in women.

What Guys Said 2

• yep

• "Do guys ever need a day or two of space even if they are still really into you?"

Definitely yes. It's so common place, that in drama and sit-coms and what not, it's practically a stereotype. And the reason is, because it's true and so many women (and men) can relate to it.

Guys definitely need space from time to time. And women never like it. They will always complain about when he needs his space, (or think he's just making sh*t up, or having an affair, or whatever).

I guess it does "feel bad" for the woman when it happens, but it feels bad for the guy if it doesn't happen. So there just has to be compromise.

John Grays book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" gives a good analogy to this, calling it the dragon and the cave.

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't worry about it just yet. We all get in moods like that where we just need a little "me time" or want to distance ourselves, whether it's just to think, deal with our own problems, or some other reason. I know I do that sometimes. If his friends say he feels for you and has been with you longer than usual, I'd just take it as a good sign and give him some time to get over his mood.

• yeah they do need space and it's hardto give it to them especially when you are insecure about how they really feel, but just let them have it and don't run after them, if they care they will come back