Girls, in itself, do you ever find a guy that is "charming", to be a negative trait, or a turn-off?

Guys and girls can input on this.

Frankly, I don't know about all of you reading this...

...

...but I don't EVER recall a female saying that "charm" in a guy's personality, is a negative trait to have, or a turn off to her.

------

Please vote below, reply as much as you like in your answer, and thanks for fueling my curiosity on this topic. 8-)

• Sometimes, a guy that has "charm" in his personality, is a negative trait or a turn-off
  • A guy that is "charming" is ALWAYS a plus to his personality

Most Helpful Girl

• crookthings said it very well. There's endearing kind of charming, and then there's player/arrogant kind of charming. I know a guy of the second type. Basically, he KNOWS that he's cute, and that girls like him, so he uses that to his advantage. I fell for it myself, but I'm sure as with most of the girls he "charms", he wasn't actually interested in me. He just walks around with this immense sense of entitlement. He's a nice guy, there's no denying that, but he's just a little too charming/confident for his own good, you know? Or maybe not, haha, he's pretty popular with everyone. It irritates me though, the fact that everyone fawns over him all the time.

What Girls Said 7

• Well, it depends on your definition of charming. My idea of charming is like... endearingly awkward but genuine. Open about liking me, but not very skilled at "the game."

Charming in the rehearsed, player-esque type of way is a turn-off to me. One time, I was getting to know this guy and he was very obvious about liking me, but everything he was saying was so generic and seemed like he's said it thousands of times before. It was just lines.

• My only experience with a true charmer was with someone who I learned after the fact, used it for purely self-serving purposes. He didn't mean a damn thing he said. So now, if I were to come across a charming man, I would hold off on believing him until several months into the relationship.

• Its only really charming when a guy is genuinely charming:) not being a player, that's when it is a turn off.

• its only a negative if he is a "player", other than that it's a plus... although it might be frustrating when he tries to be charming to get what he wants

• NEVER ! charm is the biggest turn on I know! :p

• neither if he is charming I'm like what's the catch sucker

• its only negative when its a player using his charm to his advantage

What Guys Said 1

• They claim B, I call BS. Science proves it. Women prefer men that score high on the "Dark Triad"