Question about a date I just had

I met a guy recently who asked to have dinner sometime. So we went out on our first date last night, and I ended up having a good time. One thing weird though-after dinner, we took a walk over to a nearby store, and he motioned to hold my hand. I let him, but it felt strange. Does this mean I'm not attracted to him, or was it just that it was too fast for that kind of thing? I honestly don't know what I feel-just that he is someone I'm interested to get to know, but I'm not sure if I liked the hand-holding(not that I mind it, but it's something that I usually do if I've been seeing someone for some time, when I feel comfortable with it).

Most Helpful Guy

• It must have felt too soon for you, which is why it felt strange to hold hands with an almost stranger.

What Guys Said 4

• It seems like it was rushed. If he is the rushing type, tell him if he does not mind slowing it down because it makes you uncomfortable. If he respects your wishes then keep dating. However, if he does not then kick him to the curb.

• No holding hands in public until after sex! It looks needy :-)

• You were perfectly right to have that reaction. It doesn't mean you have no interest of him. It just means that it was a bit soon of him to do that and you need more time to get to know him first. As you know, in our culture, people hold hands when they both really like each other, have known each other for a while, and are (or are getting) exclusive. It's not something that happens often on the first date or two.

• Maybe his hands were made of jelly and you just were freaked out by them!

What Girls Said 0