Is it possible a girl could have a crush on me for years and not ever show it too much?

im wondering how long girls have crushes for and if they go away or just get stronger over time? do you hide your feelings more as time goes on? there's a girl I think might like me for a long time and I have liked her too and we're both shy and weird and stuff... haha... at first I felt like she was definitely into me. over time it still shows but she hides it more than at first... just wondering if its possible she is crazy about me but doesn't let it show much or even makes it so it looks like she isn't interested sometimes...?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it's very possible. There's a guy I've had a crush on since I was 10 years old. He's moved back and forth between Illinois and Oklahoma a few times, because his dad lives in one state, and his mom in the other. Even when he was still here, I never pursued him because we're just too different and I know it wouldn't work. He's never seen me as more than a friend, except for when we were kids and had crushes on each other for a little bit. Now he's back in Oklahoma with his on-and-off girlfriend, and they had a baby a few months back. He does drugs and has had issues with the law (these things aren't new), but I'm just about completely over him, because I know he was never good for me. But I'll always have that spot for him because he was one of the first serious crushes I had as a kid.

What Girls Said 9

• wow! I'm not one of those girls who can have a crush for YEARS. lol. my feelings definitely lessen as time goes on. In fact they go away completely. I mean, unless I'm trapped on a desert island with a guy for 5+ years, then maybe. But if there are other guys in the world, I can't see how I could preserve that feeling when there are other available guys out there. And, I've never been trapped on a desert island with the same guy, so definitely not for me.

If I liked a guy, and nothing happened, AND time has passed, he can be sure without a shadow of a doubt that I've moved on--no hiding or pretending. This question reminds me of a great song by David Grey (Flame turns blue) about a guy who thought a girl was still into him, but learns she really is not and has moved on. lol Of course, I've heard of some girls who do feel this way, so its possible. Still, it boggle my mind!

good luck!

• im asking not so much because I'm in a fantasy world or anything LOL , but because she gives me so many mixed signals I can't tell if she likes me or hates me and I could tell when I first met her she liked me so I'm just wondering if this develops into a crush and if girls actually start hiding their feelings and acting like they don't care. because I still get mixed signals. she could ignore me and avoid me and do a bunch of other stuff in my face but she doesn't

• unless you guys had a relationship, I can't see why she'd continue. she is probably going back and forth between courtesy and complete inattention. This has happened to me, I try to be nice to a guy or whatever bcs I kno we had liked each other, but sometimes I forget and just overlook him bcs he pretty much off the radar. So it looks like mixed signals. maybe after she got to kno you she realized you weren't her type. it happens. I wouldn't hold my breath. glad your not in a fantasy world!

• um. its super possible! I get kinda embarassed about this but I have liked this guy for about two years and sometimes I show it and sometimes I dont...but like all my friends know and some people told him but I told someone to tell him that I dont..but I totally do ha ha so he's probably annoyed with me and my mixed signals. but watevs. he's gotta make the first move! so what I'm saying is if she's anything like me she is probably crazy about you ;) so go get your girl!

• yes girls can play that game, she can have a crush on you for awhile but don't do anything cause she may feel like you wouldn't like her like that are rejection, even mayb she rather have you approach her..some girls are really shy and don't know how to flirt are just showing the person she's interested in them..you should go and try to flirt with her and see how she responds back...

• shes really shy I think. like too shy to talk to me for more than a couple seconds. she always has to run or something lol. I've left her some little notes and so I think she knows I like her a little or she might think it now but not be fore sure even tho she should be but she's probably second guessing because I've only done little things to try to tip her off and see how she responds. sometimes its good and sometimes I can't tell.

• Of course it is possible.My longest crush on a guy was about 10 years.I didn't really show it because we were too young and studying then and dating was not a wise thing to do.And that guy is also a sensible guy.But now I am not interested in him anymore.Glad that things are like this now.

• Yes I have had a crush on the same guy for 7 years and my feelings only have gotten stronger would I hide my feelings yes why because if I think he don't feel the same I don't wanna be rejected

• Yes very possible.

I have a crush on this guy since 2 years and I never told him about my feelings. And I won't do it in the future.

I am too afraid when it comes to that.

• i am a master at hiding my feelings so yes!

• Yeah trust me its possible

• If she's shy sure.

What Guys Said 3

• My best friend had a crush on me for 4-5 years and still does. she didn't come out and tell me until my Jr year. We remain friends, but that's all on her. I don't know if I could take it to that next level though. When I do think of that, I usually become inconclusive.

• Yes, it is definitely possible.

• I've done it.