Why don't they want to be friends?

My ex and I broke up, he ended it but he said he wants no contact with me. I don't get this one week we were putting everything behind us to make it work now he wants nothing to do with me. What could be the reason?

Most Helpful Guy

• After break ups, most guy don't want anything to do with their ex.

• Thats right why go back to what you just left,its why you broke up anyway. If it didn't work as a couple why be friends

• I'd say that was his mentality but he is friends with all of his exs. He's the one who kept pressing to make us work but than changed like a light switch, who knows!

What Guys Said 4

• Some people can't handle any contact with their exes until time has dulled the pain of a break-up. They may want to be friends, but just can't swing it.

• You broke up. That is the only reason he needs.

• he doesn't want to be around/with you which should be obvious from him breaking up with you. why should he want to be your friend now? what do you have to offer him?

• He got another woman that's what it is Leave the past, in the past move on from a man and woman point of view

What Girls Said 4

• My ex did the same exact thing and he ended up having another girl in his life. She is now pregnant having their child. We were together for 4 years and they only knew each other for a month before she got pregnant...hey it could always be worse.

• I have a feeling your right. His ex happened to pop into the pic last week and I thought it was odd timing because I know he had strong feelings for her.

• He can't handle being just friends with you. Usually you both need quite some time to get over the relationship before you can have any type of friendship. Especially when the relationship is long term. Give him time to get over/past it and maybe he'll come back around.

• That's how guys react to breakups. Give him time to think then talk to him, if he don't want to work things out then move on to someone worth the time x

• I wish I knew that answer! Keep shining!