Should I give him another chance after this?

Basic details, been seeing him for a few months although known him for more than a year. We've been on 4 dates, he's taken me out to dinner and recently we went to watch a movie at his place which was a really good night. We haven't yet taken it to the next level physically or made things official.

The problem, he gets high almost everyday, multiple times and it's verging addiction. We've spoken about it and he knows I don't like it as he does it regularly. Yesterday I went to his place and we were going to watch a movie in his room. I could smell the wd and asked if he'd been smoking. He said he had, so I told him I didn't feel comfortable and I was going to leave, He told me to stay a few times, but I had made up my mind and then he got really mad and started saying I had wasted his time and he was never going to change for me, which I never asked him to nor would I ever expect him to but simply was being honest about my perspective and told him that he could do whatever he wanted just not with me there.

Things got pretty heated and I left, he basically kept repeating that I had wasted his time over and over which was hurtful. He also said he was never going to speak to me again.

Today he text me with an apology and said he wants to make it up to me and that he didn't mean what he said.

I'm confused because I like the person he is when he's not high, he's sweet, caring and funny but fear that he's got an addiction considering he does it multiple times most days, I haven't replied and don't know if I should. Should I hear him out or walk away?

Wow this was written a while ago! 2015 update: (For lack of knowledge/experience/vulnerability) I gave this person a chance and ended up in a long term abusive relationship solely staying in the relationship because I had fallen in love and he was very manipulative. It was the biggest mistake of my love life this far. In a nutshell I ended up leaving him indefinitely 5 months ago and have learnt so much it's amazing! I'm no longer that young vulnarable girl but a strong woman.

Most Helpful Girl

• Walk away. As someone who has dated a pot addict before, the problem only gets worse, not better. It will interfere with every part of your relationship since he does it every day. The way he's acting right now? This is the BEST it will ever be. He will only become more dismissive of your feelings of it in the future. All activities together, or before/after you're together, will involve weed to some degree.

What Guys Said 3

• The only side-effect I can think of is that it halts your personal development. You don't want to be with a person who's life you know isn't going anywhere.

Point being:

You're young, you barely know each other. If you guys can't stick through 4+ dates I seriously don't think it's worth an emotional investment.

Best of luck :-)!

• hear him out,then walk away, who wanna spend their life with a addict? ruin urs too?

• If you've got love for the man who's sober, well he's the one coming to you so I think you should hear him out.

What Girls Said 2

• You should walk away, because you really don't want to get into any sort of trouble. He's quite clearly addicted, and you really don't want to start a relationship with an addict because you could get hurt emotionally and even possibly physically.

• sounds like trouble..walk away IMO