Any guys in a relationship like this?

Are any guys here NOT allowed to talk to other females while in your relationship? Or how about close female friends?

How do you deal with this? What is your relationship like? Are you happy in your relationship?

One of my guy friends has stopped talking to me, an I just want to get an idea of what it may be like for him if his girlfriend isn't allowing him to speak to me.

I forgot to mention: they have been together for a year and have known each other for a while. So it's not some petty relationship. I think they hav also dated once before.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was once in a relationship where I wasn't allowed to speak to my girlfriends best friend because she thought I would cheat on her with her own best friend. Same girl also blamed me for other girls flirting with me, even though it was her sisters friend who knew I was in a relationship. In that relationship I got scared to even talk to other girls when she wasn't around as well and deleted posts off Facebook just so she wouldn't get angry with me, and these were just random posts from friend to friend about something that had happened in a big group of friends, but she had had a go at me before about something like that before so I just deleted it. So erm yeah I have. Heck I think I may have lost who I called my best friend at the time because of that relationship, which is pretty horrible since I now have a major crush on that girl ad I don't think he likes me at all, probably after that. It was a sh*t relationship and according to friend and family I just became a totally different guy.

But this may not be the same case here. Has it been long since last contact? If its Ben a couple weeks, just text him and see what's up with him, if it had been longer then may be the same case so text him just make sure it's something that would never be able to get him into trouble even with a very possessive a controlling girlfriend, and if it's just been a few days then I'm sure it's all fine, but you will never know until you text him.

• Nothing has been the same since Oct. our conversations are VERY different then they have been since before they started dating. I haven't talked to him for a month. I initiated it. And he only answered to ask me a question. After he got his answer he stopped replying. I texted him a few times since then. No reply. So I haven't tried in a week or so. I would, but he never answers. I'm too afraid to post on FB, same reason you were afraid. No good conversation with him since about April.

• Private message through inbox, then it's private and you don't have to worry

What Guys Said 5

• It all depends. If she has male friends but he is not allowed to have female friends, he needs to leave her dumb ass.

Conversely, it is against my beliefs for a man to have females close to him other than his wife and close family members. Likewise for a woman for men.

Needless to say, my opinion is this, if it is for jealousy control, and a double standard exists, it is not a situation that is good for either party. She needs to work on her low self esteem and control issues before dating anyone. If it is for religious reasons, as long as there is respect involved, there is nothing you can really do about it.

• He can't talk to females, or he can't talk to -you-?

• Not allowed to talk to other females? That seems so ridiculous and controlling.

I'm against flirting while in a relationship, but not talking - that's just sick!

• I was in something like this, never will I do it again. It clearly states she's insecure.

• My friend was in a relationship like that, he was pretty miserable.

What Girls Said 1

• yeah, when it comes to really young people in relationships often one or both partners will try and prevent the other from taking to members of the opposite gender. it's because they're immature and don't realize that by being that possessive they destroy their own relationship.