What characterizes "desperate" behavior in men when looking for a mate?

I'm new at this, I'm eager, but at the same time I don't want to come off as desperate, which is a good way to kill off all interest from women.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Asking out every girl you know who is within a certain weight frame..instead of figuring out what kind of girl you really want (not JUST looks, either)

2. Asking out the same girl over and over and over again

3. Letting yourself be disrespected

4. Throwing around your money/job title/car to try to impress girls and dropping these hints several times per conversation.

5. Calling/texting her more than twice before she responds back

These can be flip-flopped to be a sign of a desperate girl, especially substituting money/job/car for sex.

What Girls Said 5

• Too eager to please

Trys too hard

Too "nice", too polite

Too awkward

Too generous - with gifts

Too persistent - you know.. sends too many texts asking how you are with heaps of kisses

Too clingy/possessive, doesn't give the one they like space, is always around them

Cant take no for an answer when she has told him several times she's not interested

• this is probably why I scare all guys away even as friends, I never intend to but my kindness obviously is a turn off. I don't know how to be a heartless bitch though so I guess friendzone for life here lol

• What makes you think your kindness is a turn off? What I mean when I say being too nice is that a guy is being overly nice all the time and giving a girl compliments to the point where she would get suspicious and realize what he says is insincere and he is only looking to get in her pants. What I mean by being too polite is always agreeing with what she says you know not really having an opinion of his own, only trying to please her. That kind of nice and polite. Sorry, shud hav elaborated on that

• a guy who hits on every girl in the room and because of that is seen as someone wanting just a 'lay' and not a relationship. You are best going to a social setting such as a bar or lounge or meetup, sitting around watching the crowds or sports TV while having a beer/drink and SMILING at the women in a friendly manner...but don't approach. I think you might have a better chance to get them to approach you in this way and KEEP YOUR COOL. Don't go crazy asking for numbers and getting date nights planned. Let them gain interest and ask you and then at the end get the number if it seems legite.

• I recognize the men's "desperate" behavior is like ...Thinking about the mate too much and loose something important in life such as drivers licence or job... The best is to get marry with somebody, to have a own child and to report that you are married and got a baby.

• Always available

you drop your standards - like you would date anyone to avoid being alone. Or you know, you would be attached to any woman without realizing its best to be single and wait for the type of girl that would be really attracted to you

you always agree with what she says, like you have no opinion of your own

urm..and yeah just basically making her your world by moving into the relationship too quickly

• for me a desperate men is a guy who would be with any girl just to be in a relationship and when he doesn't have a own live and no hobbies or friends and just always wants to stick to his girlfriend

What Guys Said 4

• being clingy is a big one. Just a general nervous vibe when approaching can make things a bit awkward as well...

• think of it this way, your friends, job, hobbies, family are your life and a girl is what you do on the side, icing on the cake, if you will.

• doesn't have a life outside of a relationship, no friends, hobbies, etc., unfortuneately it hurts guys more than girls

• Not taking No for an answer, when she's given it several times already.