Collegues going too far?

Hi guys and girls,

I was at work the other night when it came to my attention that my sex life has been a topic of debate amongst my other coworkers. It's gotten to the point where one of the guys came out and asked me if I was a virgin, how long its been since I've slept with someone etc. I don't count any of my co-workers as friends and found the questions completely inappropriate, disrespectful and was actually quite offended .

Am I over-reacting and how should I approach the awkwardness when I return to work on the weekend?

Most Helpful Guy

• ignore them and their questions. talking about sex is not something taboo but the situation is not right. you have no obligation to reveal anything about your sex life to people. whether you are still virgin or not, it has nothing to do with someone else. don't clarify anything. just don't let them find out your sex life since you have privacy. if they are confused then it is their fault for thinking and talking something not even their business. you don't have to say YES or NO. just say nothing. ignore them completely.

What Guys Said 5

• You need to make it a point to let them know that you don't appreciate your sex life being a topic of discussion and that your personal life is your business. Second you need to let them know that you feel it is a type of harassment and that you won't tolerate it. It may get you some go to hell looks but if you don't end it now it will get worse and then the business you work for might really have a harassment lawsuit on their hands. Give them a chance to change their behavior and if they don't you need to talk to the owner or manager and let them know what is going on. You should never feel that uncomfortable in the work place.

• Definitely inapropriate. But being offended and blowing up will hardly help you anywhere. Better to calmly tell those who ask that "that is a personal matter" and you don't think it is a matter worth discussing in public at work.

• you are not over reacting. I hate questions and topics like that too (from family, people, friends and strangers) I don't think anyone should "kiss and tell" just tell them that you're sex life is none of their concern and if they keep bothering you about it you'll sue for sexual harassment.

I think the only people you should talk about sex with is a close online friend, people on sights like GaG and the person you are/want to have sex with.

• Sue

Sue

Sue

• It's personal questions their asking, very serious. Talk to your boss, that's sexual harassment.

What Girls Said 1

• Nope. You're not wrong to feel it was disrespectful and inappropriate. You are colleagues who work together and unless you're working at a place that requires that kind of disclosure then its really none of their business. The next time someone approaches you, tell them it's none of his or her business. Office gossip and the drama that typically ensues is awful anyway. So unless you feel it's a continuing harassment that requires the attention of your manager, try to deal with it on your own first. You may not have to be friends with these people...or heck, even like them, but you do have to work with them.