What goes through your head when a guy doesn't return a text?

It's a guy who you are attracted to, but not yet interested in. You guys text each other almost daily, back and forth, lots of the texts are full of sarcasm, pulling each others' legs, and wittiness. He says something that is mildly sexually offensive so you comment back on it. He returns with a jab at you and then you guys stop texting for four days. You all of a sudden decide that you should text him and you do, but he doesn't return the text.

It's not that anyone is really offended, its just that this guy possesses a devil may care attitude. Everything is seemingly light hearted, but as always, texts are impersonal at times, and its hard to interpret emotion from letters and the content of the meaning. Also, note that this guy and you usually return each others' texts within minutes, sometimes he takes couple of hours texting. your last text, he hasn't returned it for a couple of days. you can't meet up with him, he is out of town.

Most Helpful Girl

• if I am attracted and text a lot I am already interested knowing me. I would be pissed and offended and figure he's mad at me and say I'm not texting him again and he's not worth my time

What Girls Said 9

• Hmm...well I would think why isn't he texting mi back? but if not interested in him then I'd be like oooh kay and move on. lol

• Conversation died. Don't text much personally and neither do the people I hang out with. I've gotten used to getting a text back 5 or 6 days later.

• Well, if I'm attracted to a guy, most likely, I'm ver much interested.

Anyway, if that happens, I would think "how rude and disrespectful." I personally dislike when somene ignores my texts, especially when it's a good conversation.

• First I think, "He doesn't like me anymore. He's just not interested.". Then I laugh at myself, "Of course he likes me!" Then I start thinking something happened, like his phone died or he's doing something else and doesn't have his phone.

• He doesn't like me anymore.

• Hm, texting cute guy.

Doesn't text back...

Wait a few hours.

No reply.

IS IT BECAUSE I' FAT?!

• if he is out of town, the not responding makes total sense..

• usually something like wow a**hole, and then I wait a week and if he doesn't text me I delete his number lol

• Sometimes I get panicky and impatient then I get pissy haha. I tend to jump to conclusions I am not a big fan of texting though. I would eventually just think well maybe he is busy and then not return his next text. Lol.

What Guys Said 1

• Gonna tell you right now, regardless of what these girls are saying, if you want a girl to like you who you are flirting with over text, you need to balance, ignoring her and playing along. If you start texting her all the time, or returning her texts immediately, she's going to find you to available, and therefore deem you unattractive and a friend. It's about providing an element of mystery. I've even had girls suggest I do this. When a girl texts you, on occasion, wait a few hours to return the text. Maybe go a day or two without texting her. This leaves her on the fence about how you feel about her and will cause her to inspect you further and want you more.