Is there a chance of having a relationship with a guy after you have slept with him on the first date?

I met someone and we had sex on the first date. He wants another date or meetup but I know sex will also be involved. Does having sex that soon doom a relationship of developing?

Most Helpful Guy

• of course there's a chance, I did...twice!

What Guys Said 5

• It does not doom it from the start, but it surely does limit your options. It is now like saying that you are all for a FWB.At your age, sex should happen when you WANT it to happen, you know that. Why does sex have to be involved. Tell him that you are not up to it, or that you wanted to spend quality time with him or her. As always condoms are not just for protection against pregnancy but also from STDs.

• It's possible but simply put the odds are against you. There are three reasons for this.

1. It is possible he now views you as lose and of low moral standards, not someone he would want to be serious with.

2. The fact that he was so quick to sleep with you says that he doesn't want a serious relationship to begin with.

3. The relationship has now been built upon sex, which may cause the relationship to lose focus and shift into something that is mostly predicated on the physical.

• in response to 1. : I also view him as lose and with low moral standards, however, I see him as 2. he doesn't want a serious relationship, I did not either but wasn't expecting to kinda "like" him. But I agree

• Yes, its possible.

If he has ideas that there are 'good girls' and 'bad girls' then it may be a negative.

If he does not have that idea, it might be a plus - sexual compatibility and desire is important.

Ultimately though, most first dates don't lead to long relationships whether or not you have sex.

• yeah there is, but it depends on the guy.

• It is a really bad way to start but of course you can develop something good out of this. Try to slow it down right now and take it easy.

What Girls Said 4

• it's not impossible but I wouldn't have sex on the next date, it's not like it has to be a given. Tell him you don't know what came over you on the first date but you would like to take things slow starting now. If he genuinely is interested in you, that won't be a problem. If he loses interest after hearing that, then he wasn't really all that into you to begin with, you were just an easy lay. Either way it's win win for you, you get to see if he was really in it for you or not

• depends on the guy,... its up to you, you have the power to control that... and talk to him, and tell him how you feel...

• it definitely hurts it.

• It's possible, but that's the exception, not the rule, I tend to find.