My baby's father is dating someone else, how can I get him back?

we were engaged 4 years ago, but I broke it off, He met someone, and he's been dating her for a year, I realized that I made a mistake, how can I get him back, how can I approach him...

Most Helpful Girl

• You're concerned with getting him back, but my question to you is, what is the guarantee that you won't make that same mistake again? What was the reason you dumped him the first place? Have you resolved those issues within yourself so that you can have a drama free long lasting relationship with him now?

I find your motives a little on the selfish side. You made a decision to break it off and now that he's moved on and you're still single, you want him back. I understand your regret, but I don't think this is your decision to make. It's like the kid who stopped playing with a toy and only suddenly becoming interested again because another kid wants to play with it. I sense more envy on your part than it is love, however, I cannot judge.

Still, there's no harm in expressing your feelings for him to him. You never know how one feels about someone else at any given time. Maybe he isn't entirely happy or perhaps he'd like to know that you still have feelings for him. That is to the extent you should do anything to try to get him back. If he is in fact happy within his new situation, you should respect him enough to let go and prime yourself so that the next good one that comes around, you will be ready to receive him and won't let him get away the way you did this one.

I wish you luck in love.

• we broke up becuause he is in the music industry and I am a born again christian. 4 years later, he's still into the music, and I'm still a woman of God, I'm not sure how serious it is with this girl, but she's close with his family and she's met my daughter, I just want my family back, I know I made some mistakes.

• god also talks about sex and crime.

• actually I hope he never gets back to you, it will be better for him, because you're obviously a religious nut. it's just too much.

if you believe in god, hey, cool, believe it, but when you do such mind boggling stupidity like leaving someone because he's around people that talk about sex/crime, that's a sign of sheer craziness.

What Guys Said 1

• You don't approach him. get over him.

• but he's my child's father!

What Girls Said 3

• I know that's hard to deal with but you must respect the fact that he's with someone else right now. It would be disrespectful to interfere in his relationship. Sounds like they are serious if they were together for a year already. You would be hurting yourself more by trying to talk to him and say you do get the chance to talk to him, things might not go as smooth as you want and you might not get the reaction you want from him...just save yourself the trouble and start to slowly move on. it's time hun

• Leave it alone, you made the choice to leave him and now he's finally happy and moved on. I'm sorry but for you to do that to him and then to rain in on his emotions yet again is just stringing him along.

• you cant. let him move on and you do the same