Will he favor his white son over our biracial children?

My boyfriend is white. yes I know this is premature thought, but it crossed my mind. He has a 3 year old son who he adores with another woman. All of his family have made it perfectly clear the mother and him are not a match at all but share custody.

I want to have kids someday, maybe 2. He seems okay with this. I have none now. I just started thinking, will he favor his son over any kids that I give him? I would hate to be in that situation, I mean it would make me feel horrible if later down the line I witnessed that. Anyone men with kids care to comment? Note I am not trying to have kids for 5+ years or so...i am just prematurely thinking about this because things are getting serious.

Most Helpful Guy

• Without knowing him myself, I can't really answer that.

I would like to think, that if he is with a black woman, getting serious with one, he's already decided he is totally okay with biracial kids.

You know him better than we do, you'll have to determine if anything in his actions has shown his feelings either way. Like, has he complained or complimented on biracial people?

• he seems to not really care about race. I mean his whole family seems to be super okay with me

What Guys Said 5

• That would be shocking if he did, either way it would be his kids. I see no reason why the race should matter

• Not really. When the parental instinct triggers, it triggers. It's a universal genetic defect unrelated to race. And yes, I have observed this not just from a distance, but first hand. One niece of mine, one of my brother's kids has a black mother, while the other has a white mother. I don't see any difference among them and my brother with the way they are all dysfunctional.

• I frankly don't think he'll play favorites at all...if he loves you, he'll love the children you give him, and won't play favorites at all. :)

• Are you asking this based entirely off of race or him previously having a son?

• both...men tend to favor sons plus I am wondering will he favor his current son because obviously he will look more like him than any child I give birth to.

• If he's good to his son, he will probably be good with your children because they will be his children too.

• Is it weird for me to say "That's racist"? I don't see how any man would treat their child differently based solely off the color of their skin. It's his offspring and he'll treat it that way whether it's white, black, or an elephant.

• I wouldn't think so, he must be very well aware of this whole situation too.

What Girls Said 1

• Lol did he favour you over a white woman? The answer is clearly no cos he's indifferent to race. That fact alone should've made you realize that he wouldn't act like that with the children you guys have. Cos at the end of the day they will be his kids as well as yours so he will naturally gravitate towards them.