What does it mean when a female always responds with a one word answer?

Talking to a girl on a dating site, every time I ask her something to keep the conversation alive she responds with shorts one word answers. For example I asked, "Nice, how was it? I am planning a cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel this December. Have you ever tried scuba diving?" and all she replied was "Yes". So I asked where she is from and again, she gave a one word reply... what does that mean? This has been the conversation so far...

Me: Hi, how are you doing? My name is Shane. To be completely honest, I never know how to start off conversations on here but I am not afraid to take a shot. I see we have a few common interests and we are basically looking for something similar. Personally, I would eventually like a real relationship free of games and lies. But I do not want to rush. I think we could get along, what do you say we give it a shot?

Her: ho

Her: sorry meant to say hi

Me: Lol, it's fine. How are you doing tonight?

Her: good

Me: That's good. So what is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?

Her: went to the Bahamas

Her: went to the Bahamas

Me: Nice, how was it? I am planning a cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel this December. Have you ever tried scuba diving?

Her: yes

Me: So where are you from?

Her: *** ****

Most Helpful Guy

• It could just be that she suffers from a deplorable lack of personality.

But honestly, dude, I think you're coming off WAY too strong. Asking her about the most adventurous thing she's done right off the bat? Talking about the cruise you're planning? Makes you sound like you're desperately trying to convince her that you're interesting, and that's a huge turn off.

And if that top paragraph was your opening "line", you need to stop that sh*t. A simple "Hey, my name's Shane, I was just looking at your profile, and I see that we have some similar interests. Care to chat for a bit?" Get rid of all that crap about what you're looking for, crap about relationships, games, lies, rushing. It sounds contrived. Keep it simple, and lay off the self-deprecation.

In conversation, you need to be asking simpler things. Start with asking her something basic about her life, and keep to that topic until you find something that you can relate to. Don't try to play sh*t up, immediately talking about adventures and big plans. That's just posturing, and nobody likes that. You can talk about those things, but you need to establish some rapport first.

And when you're talking, compliment her appearance. Let her know that you're attracted to her. Keep that simple, too, and don't be afraid to simply interrupt conversation with it. "By the way, you're very attractive, I think I forgot to mention that ;)"

Just tone things down a bit, or you'll keep scaring them off.

What Girls Said 12

• She's not into you. If she's doing this on a DATING SITE dude you get rid of her immediately... she's a little too far up her own arse.

• Maybe she's a one response person? Let me tell you, these people suck.

Okay just kidding. I respose with one word responses sometimes only because I am beat like a mofo.

• She's just not that into you but feels like its more poliete to keep talking then to just say I'm not interested

• She is not interested in you and want to cut the conversation off.

• Shy or reserved

• She's not interested. Girls, even shy ones, are more talkative when they're interested in a guy.

• She's not interested. You came off too strong.

• shes not interested in you

• Not interested

• Wants to be left alone dude stranger danger

• The other girls on here are right to a point. Either she isn't interested, or just doesn't want to be over-talkative and annoy you. Although it's also true that people in general are more open and talkative online. But the only way to really know if she's just not interested is to stop asking questions where she can only answer with "yes" or "no". Ask open-ended questions where she actually has to elaborate.

• yeah she is not interested most likely

What Guys Said 5

• It means she isn't interested in whatever you have to say, so drop her! There are thousands of others, fish in the sea, as they say...

• She is not talkative...

• Some combination of not into you, distracted, or not very smart.

• as of the moment she don't want you...

• likely not interested